eric@babin.com

BUILDING RV PAD / TEXAS HILL COUNTRY

Eric,

Are you planning to drop sun-block shades on all but the north facing direction to protect the coach from UV light and HEAT?

16 minutes ago, wolfe10 said:

Eric,

Are you planning to drop sun-block shades on all but the north facing direction to protect the coach from UV light and HEAT?

We have given it some thought but undecided as of now. We'll probably wait for summer to see how bad we'd need it. 

1 hour ago, ERIC@BABIN.COM said:

One man and one skid steer can get a lot done in 7 days:

I wish I had a rock hammer for mine, I could get a lot more done in 7 days with mine. LOL:ph34r: Since my place is on top of West Rock Mountain, true name of mountain and rock is literal.

19 minutes ago, kaypsmith said:

I wish I had a rock hammer for mine, I could get a lot more done in 7 days with mine. LOL:ph34r: Since my place is on top of West Rock Mountain, true name of mountain and rock is literal.

Yes....we have a lot of issues with rock here.... don't even think about digging a hole.... 

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:18 AM, wayne77590 said:

Where are the pictures of the guests pad parking?

haha..... If we owned the land I could show you that..... we're on the in-laws acreage.... so, not our call to allow "guests".  That would be cool though!  

Here is the latest update.... building the deck/bar/outdoor studio ……. in the rain... what a mess.

About 1/3 done with it.

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

Having been there, I can relate.  You have made so many changes to the landscaping, my memory is lost...great job!  If you need some Palm Trees, we got some pup's, you can have as a house present.  They are Windmill Palms!

If you would like to share....What was the approx cost for the covered pad (excavation, materials,etc.) and any utilities.

Thanks, David

30 minutes ago, DBenoit said:

What was the approx cost for the covered pad

New England X3 above what he tells you. Nothing is cost effective up there.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:35 AM, manholt said:

Having been there, I can relate.  You have made so many changes to the landscaping, my memory is lost...great job!  If you need some Palm Trees, we got some pup's, you can have as a house present.  They are Windmill Palms!

Yes please. 

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:56 PM, DBenoit said:

If you would like to share....What was the approx cost for the covered pad (excavation, materials,etc.) and any utilities.

Thanks, David

I don't mind sharing the info.... just the cover itself, which is a 54' x 24' roof (8x8 posts are 50' x 20' apart), was about $22,000. Utilities: electric and water only was about $2,000 and that included a separate meter and 200 amp box. No septic.... they wanted another $15,000 for that due to rock... no rock it would have been about 5 or 6K.

The "pad" itself is caliche, so, much less expensive than concrete, was about $1,000 to level / grate and caliche. 

Here are the latest pictures of the bar area, and Wilke's "Bad ***" fire pit.... about 80% complete:

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

Eric,

I'll get with you in March,  about 1/2 dozen pup's that would otherwise go on the burn pile!  In plastic tubs or large barrels, they do great...

You putting a ice maker in the bar...keep beer cold? 

4 hours ago, manholt said:

Eric,

I'll get with you in March,  about 1/2 dozen pup's that would otherwise go on the burn pile!  In plastic tubs or large barrels, they do great...

You putting a ice maker in the bar...keep beer cold? 

Awesome! We've got a couple work trips in March (Mass. first weekend and BVIs last week) but should be in town for MOST of it. 

4 hours ago, manholt said:

DB, can you  mill 8"x8"x14' posts?  If so, you'll save more than a buck! :)

These were 8x8x16 and had to be special ordered..... I suspect they were a large part of the total cost. 

10 hours ago, elkhartjim said:

We need to have christening party for we local Hill Country folks. We're going to Kerrville tomorrow for a songfest. 

What "songfest" is in Kerrville this weekend?

Here are today's updates!

364C7A0B-4D47-42D8-94CE-6A0748A60153.JPG

IMG_0888.jpg