Sign in to follow this  
ispjs

Newmar Steps Up

Our 1 year factory warranty was up the second week of November.  On the morning of December 1 we were preparing to make the final run (606 miles) to our winter site in SW Florida.  The Oasis showed a red fault light.  Upon further investigation on December 2nd, and getting information from a Newmar forum, I strongly suspect the summer loop pump had gone bad.  

Contacted my selling dealer, North Trail.  They were two weeks out on appointments.  I explained what the issue was and that the only way I could get hot water was to use my bypass switch.  She promised me she would see "what see could do".  Well, if I had a buck for every time someone told me that......

Anyway, for two days she never even called me back to get the appointment 2 weeks out.  I was going to head down to their main office (only camped 2 miles away) and start rattling someone's cage this morning but before I could she called me.  She told me she had secured a summer loop pump plus a customer had called yesterday afternoon and cancelled his appointment and if I could get my coach to them they could repair it while I waited.

I was thrilled.  Broke camp and took it over.  Asked them, if they had time to do the annual service on my Oasis while they were at it.  

Coach was fixed later that afternoon.  North Trail had contacted Newmar and received approval to cover it under my original factory warranty.  I just paid for my annual Oasis service and that was it.  I was a happy camper!

To me this says a lot about not only Newmar but North Trail as well.

Our experience was the same when we were at the factory this summer.  Made the appointment for a few minor issues that came up that would be fixed under warranty.  In the meantime our windshield had gotten broke.  They agreed to also replace that during our reserved time (insurance paid for that).  All the work was expertly done.  In most cases they don't fix anything that fails they replace it.  Our tech (Mark) noticed that our headlamps were not aimed correctly and took it upon himself to properly adjust them.  It was the little things like that we were impressed with.  

You guys know how I feel about my Newmar and the exemplary customer service I've received. Heck...they shipped me a new upgraded clothes washer at no charge because of issues I was having with the old one. Yep, I was out of warranty.  

Jim, I'm following in your foot steps with my Whirlpool washer.  Factory tech did another "fix" while I was at Nappanee and it of course didn't fix it.  He shimmed the door switch.  About one of our every four loads won't do the final spin.  I'll probably contact Newmar direct right after the first of the year.  If they don't replace it we will toss it out next summer and replace it with a Splendid.

They replaced mine with the newest model and its been awesome. 

I never had the problem with it starting but I did have the issue of it not draining properly. My issue was the shaft that attaches to the pulley which in turn is attached to the motor was bent. The tub wobbled so badly it eventually wore a groove thru the rubber gasket/seal. 

You need to check, Carl. Whirlpool is a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Michigan. 

Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool Corporation logo.svg
Every Home… Everywhere… with Pride, Passion and Performance
Public
Traded as NYSEWHR
S&P 500 Component
Industry Home appliances
Founded November 11, 1911; 107 years ago
Benton Harbor, Michigan, U.S
Founder Louis Upton and Emory Upton
Headquarters , 
United States
Area served
Worldwide
Key people
Marc Bitzer (CEO)
Jeff M. Fettig (Chairman)
Products Major appliances and small appliances
Revenue Increase US$21.25 billion (2017)[1]
Decrease US$1.13 billion (2017)[1]
Decrease US$350 million (2017)[1]
Total assets Increase US$20.03 billion (2017)[1]
Total equity Decrease US$4.19 billion (2017)[1]
Number of employees
92,000 (2017)[1]
Website www.whirlpoolcorp.com
200px-HK_Causeway_Bay_Leighton_Road_Whir

Showroom in Hong Kong

The Whirlpool Corporation is an American multinational manufacturer and marketer of home appliances, headquartered in Benton Charter Township, Michigan, United States, near Benton Harbor, Michigan.[2][3] The Fortune 500 company has annual revenue of approximately $21 billion, 92,000 employees, and more than 70 manufacturing and technology research centers around the world.[4] The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Gladiator GarageWorks, Inglis, Estate, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Ignis, Indesit, and Consul. Whirlpool Corporation is the world's largest home appliance maker.[5] Their website also mentions Hotpoint, Diqua, Affresh, Acros, and Yummly brands.[6]

In the U.S., Whirlpool has nine manufacturing facilities: Amana, Iowa; Tulsa, Oklahoma; Cleveland, Tennessee; Clyde, Ohio; Findlay, Ohio; Greenville, Ohio; Marion, Ohio; Ottawa, Ohio; and Fall River, Massachusetts.

I'll make it short and sweet.  Majority of the stock was quietly bought by a Chinese Consortium,  between 2009 to 2016.  They then took on LG, Samsung and Maytag, it almost bankrupted them...they got a large injection of funds, from the Chinese Gov't.  It is believed that 51% is owned by the Gov't...but can't be proved.

I wonder how they get around the necessary SEC filings for foreign owned corporations. 96% of the shares are owned by institutions. Vanguard Group being the largest holder at 10%. Are you saying the Chinese Consortium owns 51%  of all the institutional holdings?   There is a Whirlpool China which is a separate entity.  

Scary a foreign government can own controlling interest in an American Corp. I would think anybody owning the majority of stock would want to have representation on the board or even have control of the board.