billnpenny

New to FMCA

Hello FMCA community! We are new to the Motorhome lifestyle. At the present time we call ourselves almost half timers. LOL We normally spend around 100 days traveling and hope to soon get up in the area of 150 travel days a year. This is our new Motorhome.

B05D999B-1674-4E7F-B1B8-E9EA523961A6.jpeg

Welcome to FMCA and the Forum! :)

If we can be of help, don't hesitate to post, there is no dumb or stupid questions!

Bill & Penny,

Welcome to the Forum. Ross and Carl have a tremendous amount of sage advise to pass on to all that need it. Both are very active in FMCA on the National level.

However I have to correct you in one place. It is Manholt not manhole, although  it may be apropo. 

So keep those cards and letters coming and have fun in the warmer weather.

Herman 

BillnPenny, welcome to the forum. Nice coach. I can understand your desire to head toward warmer weather. Do you have any destinations in mind?

1 hour ago, hermanmullins said:

However I have to correct you in one place. It is Manholt not manhole, although  it may be apropo. 

Manhole, may be the real translation.:P:D

Bill

My first 7 years in America, was not a pleasant experience!  Thank you both, for dredging that up. :P  Actually the name came from Holtermann .

11 hours ago, manholt said:

My first 7 years in America, was not a pleasant experience!  Thank you both, for dredging that up. :P  Actually the name came from Holtermann .

Sorry about that manholt! Yep spell check! 

13 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Bill & Penny,

Welcome to the Forum. Ross and Carl have a tremendous amount of sage advise to pass on to all that need it. Both are very active in FMCA on the National level.

So keep those cards and letters coming and have fun in the warmer weather.

Herman 

Spell check! 🤬

WILDBILL308, This will be our 4th year heading to Florida. We have a Thousand Trails membership and plan on spending spending 6 weeks at probably 3 different TT parks. We’re also going to spend a month down near Punta Gorda.

I think 2020 might see us in south Texas Arizona and Southern California.

Thanks for the welcome!

BillnPenny.

Don't worry about it, we all have met and see each other, at least annually!  Bill & Herman was 2 weeks ago at a Chapter Rally, Herman was installed as President, me 1st VP, Bill was a guest.  :P

I only use the aka Manholt on Forum...Carl works fine! :)

Thanks for the welcome guys! Unfortunately the GA rally this Spring is 2 weeks earlier than we will be coming north out of Florida so we wont get to experience a FMCA National Rally but I'm sure that one will be in our future. 

We are looking at a couple of regional chapters and will be checking out a couple of their get togethers next summer.

If you are golfers, look at Swinging Golfers Chapter...Swinging as in golf club.  I'm the National Director for them!

Thank for the info manholt. I used to golf a little but not in a few years. I took up Fly Fishing and really enjoy Upland Bird hunting. My wife and I like to day hike and ride bicycles. And of course sight seeing.