BigMamaFMCA

Windshield washer not working

I have a 2015 Tiffin Phaeton and the windshield washer does not work. I have replaced the washer motor and the one-way check valve but with no luck. I seems the fuse for the washer is okay and the windshield wipers operate properly. Where do I go next assuming the motor and valve are operational? Should I not be getting power to the 12 volt motor what could the problem be?

Willyboy

A missing or poor ground accounts for over 80% of all 12V problems. To check, temporarily run a 14G wire directly from the chassis neg battery post to the washer frame/mount. Have you double-checked to insure 12V is actually getting to the motor? That may be accomplished with a probe-equipped 12V tester when the washer switch is activated.

Possibly blocked lines. Have you pulled the outlet line off of the pump to see if water is coming out? Also, check line from the tank to the pump. Disconnecting the in-line at the pump and applying pressure to the tank should force water through it.

????

Has your coach been in the cold weather?  We had a pump for the washer freeze and break when the summer fluid was never swapped for the winter version.