Sign in to follow this  
SOUTHWIND15

Cold weather freeze protection

I want to travel to the grand canyon at 7000 ft around Christmas.  How do I keep the water lines from freezing?  What product can I plug into the compartment to add heat?  12 volt or 110?

Split off this to a new thread. 

Moved elkhartjim's post to the new thread.

elkhartjim

You would possibly get better answers if we knew if you have a trailer or motorhome.  Year, make and model. 

If you're camping you may need to check what services will be available. I doubt water will be available but maybe so.

Southwind15.

Normal for RV Anti freeze...but then you can't use the water until you rinse out the system.  Better idea is  to, put some clamp on, shop lights, in your water & holding tank bays, 60V bulb is fine, 120Volt plug in.  Your furnace should keep your pipes from freezing, just open the doors, inside the coach, to where pipes are.

Enjoy the Christmas show! :D

You go in with full fresh tank and empty gray and black tank.  Plug into electric but no hose or sewer to be run.  For extreme cold best to use a small ceramic heater in the wet bay with built in thermostat cheap from walmart. Also an extension cord.  Don't ask how I know.