djboone

suggestions for Key West

Question

We are newbies from Michigan. We have been in our 34 ft Class A Holiday Rambler now for 1 month, working our way south to warmer weather, and visiting friends and family along the way. We are in Titusville KOA now, have visited the Kennedy Space Center and now would like to visit the Keys. Any suggestions? We have a toad, can we park the rv somewhere and drive into the Keys?  My husband is not sure he wants to drive the rv on the long high bridge...

5 answers to this question

41 minutes ago, Djboone said:

We are newbies from Michigan. We have been in our 34 ft Class A Holiday Rambler now for 1 month, working our way south to warmer weather, and visiting friends and family along the way. We are in Titusville KOA now, have visited the Kennedy Space Center and now would like to visit the Keys. Any suggestions? We have a toad, can we park the rv somewhere and drive into the Keys?  My husband is not sure he wants to drive the rv on the long high bridge...

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

My wife fells the same about the bridge :D. We looked into Blue Water Key https://bluewaterkey.com/resort/  when we were planning a trip there. Still haven't done it yet

There are RV Parks in both Homestead and Key Largo.  Then you can take toad for the 126 mile each way run.  Wait until after the 1st week of Jan and forget weekends!  Lot of traffic and a minimum of 3 hours each way!  I would do it in short distances and you get the benefit of finding different RV Parks, that may have a opening.  Don't worry about the bridges, 18 wheelers go back and forth daily!