dbelanger

TV Video/Audio Jack Issues

Purchased a 2007 Pace Arrow in February of 2008 from Lazydays RV in Seffner Florida. During the delivery process we noticed that the DVD player was not supplying video or audio to the front TV.

Lazydays tech's removed the TV from the overhead console and found that the 3 RCA plugs, from the distribution switch, were not connected to the TV. Plugs were reinserted, problem solved. After a 500 mile trip to Miami, and back, to our winter home in our new rig, we found that we again could not watch DVD's. A quick removal of the 4 screws holding a panel beneath the TV, Watched the Lazydays guys do it, I could see the cables were again disconnected. I guessed that insufficient slack was left in them, removed the TV, pulled a bit of slack toward the TV, reinserted the plugs, put t all back together again, fixed.

Got back to Maine in April and installed a spare Satellite TV box in the rig and while running the cables behind the TV, to the distribution switch, noticed the plugs on the back of the TV had again fallen off. Got a cable clamp out of my junk box and secured those cables and everything else going to theTV so this would never happen again! After a few short trips to local campgrounds over Maine's excellent roads I had no satellite or DVD signals going to the front TV.

Decided that this was an entirely different problem than just a cable tugging on the TV when rough roads were encountered. TV came out of the overhead again, mounts checked, vibration snubbers adjusted (2 threaded rods with rubber pads on the end that can be adjusted against the rear of the TV), cable slack re adjusted Etc.. Another road trip cables off again. When the set was removed again I discovered that the holes in the back of the TV (Samsung flat screen 29") were about the same diameter as the vinyl plastic covers (red, white, and yellow) on the RCA plugs. When normal road vibrations occurred the inner jacks move or don't move at a different rate/distance as the plastic back panel of the TV and cause the plugs to work loose and fall off the jacks. A quick fix was to cut the plastic off the plugs with a utility knife allowing more clearance for them through the TV back panel. While I was at it I installed another cable from the Video and Audio out of the TV over to a spare input on the receiver to allow the home entertainment system high quality audio to be enjoyed when watching the off air and satellite programing. Something I can't understand why Fleedtood didn't think of. Cut the vinyl sheathing off those plugs too.

When I got back to Florida this winter everything was OK but the right channel of my TV to receiver cable (several others were loose). When I removed the TV this time I put a light adhesive on all the plugs. Stay tuned for the outcome.

After all this I called Fleetwood and inquired if they had encountered other customers with this problem. According to them, none had. I requested mechanical drawings of the 07, 08, and 09 Pace Arrow front TV mountings hoping to find an engineering change that I could do or have done to remedy this problem short of buying a different TV. They are all identical to my setup. No help there.

Has anyone out there had this problem with a Samsung TV or Fleetwood RV? Has anyone been able to find a solution? I'd be very interested if you have.

Home from Florida and after 1800 plus miles everything still working. Guess the glue did the trick (for the time being). We shouldn' have to go to these extremes to enjoy the things we paid for and expect to work out of the box