JRSMILEY

Tile Floor Heat

I am new to RVing and we have a used Phaeton 2017.

The floor heating for the rear (bedroom works) but the flooring heating for the front (kitchen-living area) does not.

Since we  am new to RVing am I doing something wrong?

Can/should the two areas be turned on at the same time?

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thank you

JRSMILEY.  Welcome to the Forum! :)

I have tile heating also.  There are 2 zones on mine & I can set it to any temp I want.  Found by trial and error, that 80 degrees work the best on the front zone and 81 on the second.  I keep both on when needed...since heat rises, I need to set the furnace lower than what I feel I should have (mine is Aqua Hot)!  If you still have problems with front floor, then I recommend you take your coach to Red Bay, AL. Tiffin does not take reservation any more, it's first come, first served. 

Since we don't know where your at, it's difficult to give you other options.  Feel free to ask any questions you want.

Merry Christmas! 🎄  

JRSMILEY, welcome to the FMCA Forums! 

You could always call Tiffin and see if they have some insight on your issue. Our coach also has heated tile floors, but its a primitive system, we have two settings ON/OFF, on makes my feet sweat, DW loves it, OFF we both get cold feet. Ours is somehow tied to the Aquahot system, if the electric is not on the floor switch doesn't work.

The Floor heating Could be hot water or electric. Both have there good and bad points. The first thing one might do is to contact the coach builder with your Model and Year coach. Ask for the heating system drawings for your floor plan. This is important, because the floor plan tends to determine where or how things are routed and located. 

Once you have the PDF files and understanding them is not one of your skill sets - attach them to a post and someone on the forum will try to fill in how things work and where to start looking for the problem. 

Rich.

On 12/20/2018 at 4:43 AM, manholt said:

JRSMILEY.  Welcome to the Forum! :)

I have tile heating also.  There are 2 zones on mine & I can set it to any temp I want.  Found by trial and error, that 80 degrees work the best on the front zone and 81 on the second.  I keep both on when needed...since heat rises, I need to set the furnace lower than what I feel I should have (mine is Aqua Hot)!  If you still have problems with front floor, then I recommend you take your coach to Red Bay, AL. Tiffin does not take reservation any more, it's first come, first served. 

Since we don't know where your at, it's difficult to give you other options.  Feel free to ask any questions you want.

Merry Christmas! 🎄  

Thank you for the information.  We really appreciate the feed back.

Yes, we have aqua hot but I don't understand what you mean by "80" 0r "81" degree.

The panel to navigate the heat spans from 1 - 5  and we have had it set at 5 without any warmth.

Again, thank you so very much.

On 12/20/2018 at 2:41 PM, manholt said:

Rich, hot water under floor in house? Yes, I got it.  In a coach? Never heard of it.

Carl, Hot water heat under Tile floors of Coaches adds weight, so it is not common ! However on our travels, It showed up in a top line  unit parked next to us in Idaho. Also had an impressive Wine cellar. When they backed in next to us, the ground moved and after they got parked, I just had to ask what the rig weighed? In the neighborhood of 80,000 lbs.  

Rich.