huffypuff

Battery replacement not going so good.

Ray.

If your switch is part of the control panel, then it's behind the panel.  I have 2 switches, but only one ground.

Puff, our grounds for everything is under the cup holder in the passengers console along that wall. I had a ground issue and had to run one into it. Way to difficult to access

1 hour ago, manholt said:

Ray.

If your switch is part of the control panel, then it's behind the panel.  I have 2 switches, but only one ground.

Also have two switches and a on/off switch.   They work if I supply the ground to the right part of the upper cover terminal.   I don't know if this is a new problem but worked fine when going through connection in the cover.  

1 hour ago, jleamont said:

Puff, our grounds for everything is under the cup holder in the passengers console along that wall. I had a ground issue and had to run one into it. Way to difficult to access

I looked in the console and the only wires that comes from in the wall is a couple of white wires that goes in a bundle.  No tell where the other ends goes without opening the bundle.  The bundle goes through the floor from there and the other side of the coach.  

On 3/1/2019 at 12:00 AM, manholt said:

Ray,

How's it going with the awning, did you find the ground wire?

I traced the wiring from the dash switches to the outside switch through the awning control relay module.  All of that checked good 12 volts and ground.  I then went to the cover for the motor and was able to run the awning in and out using the power probe.  I took the cover off and sure enough bad connection inside again and one dead bee.  The connection is as following in the cover.  The main red and black wires goes from the control module to the cover terminals.  The cover terminals then has jumpers wires to  the motor.   Since I had it home I was able to use electric clean spray followed by dielectric grease.  Hopefully that will take care if the connection problem and is working fine now.    

Ray,

I'm glad that my coach is similar to yours, I am learning from  your experiences. Thanks for sharing.

Jim

Getting the coach ready for snowbirding again and the awning is not working like before.  This time it decided to stay broke so I went back to the dash and traced the problem to the motor wiring harness.  It is a two wire harness with one red and one black wire.  The  wires reverse positive and negative 12v power depending if you have the switch on extend or retract.   The black wire is dead like an open circuit.  That harness is about 10 feet long and travel up and down the scissor arms where there is a nasty bend at the bottom with the awning retracted with the arms flat.  Rather than to cut the harness open to find the break I ordered a new harness.  I'm hoping to find the splice right inside the outside wall.  At that point I will verify that the black wire is good at that point the splice it for it to be inside the wall.   

I also found the air dump quit working.  No power to the solenoid, fuse is good.  Had to go inside drivers console and check the switch and wiring.  The two ground wires were tight but the two 12v wires was loose in it's holder and not making good contact.  I fixed that and now have air dump again.  

I hope that will be all as we only have five weeks till blast off.