f448859

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Flat Towing

I just called Camping World to get a quote on towing equipment needed to flat tow my 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite.  I was informed that if my vehicle has Active Grill Shutters then a faceplate cannot be installed and I would not be able to flat tow my Jeep.  They recently had one in their shop that had this and they stated it could not be setup for flat towing.  I looked in my owner's manual and it doesn't state if mine has this or not.  Does anybody have information on this subject?

2 hours ago, F448859 said:

I just called Camping World to get a quote on towing equipment needed to flat tow my 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite.  I was informed that if my vehicle has Active Grill Shutters then a faceplate cannot be installed and I would not be able to flat tow my Jeep.  They recently had one in their shop that had this and they stated it could not be setup for flat towing.  I looked in my owner's manual and it doesn't state if mine has this or not.  Does anybody have information on this subject?

Welcome to the forum and Happy New Year. What does the owner's manual say under "recreational towing"? I don't believe the 2019 FMCA towing guide is available yet. You can also check http://www.remcotowing.com and see what they say. I don't know if/what has changed between 2018-19.

Bill

On 12/31/2018 at 5:29 PM, F448859 said:

I’m not familiar with the Elite version of the TrailHawk. The Blue Ox base plate is a 2 piece system that bolts up on the frame and where the front tow hooks bolt. The only trimming that needed to be done was to make room for the safety cable hooks to come thru the grill.

i think I would call another installer just to confirm what the people of Camping World are telling you.

Etrailer and roadmaster direct connect EZ5 works. I have it on my 2019 trailhawk

I have a 2019 Cherokee trailhawk, you just need the non crossbar baseplate.  I used roadmaster EZ5 and they were a perfect no drill fit.  It comes out right where the tow hooks are located.

On 12/31/2018 at 5:29 PM, F448859 said:

According to the Jeep website Active Grille Shutters are not available on the Cherokee Trailhawk.  They are standard on other trim packages such as the Upland and the Limited.

Just had my 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite setup to tow behind my RV.  Installed Roadmaster Direct-Connect Base Plate Kit - Removable Arms# RM-521451-5 , Wiring Kit, Roadmaster Nighthawk Towbar, and RVI Battery Charger along with RVI Braking System.  When I bought the Trailhawk, the dealer assured my that Jeep had fixed the "Death Wobble on the 2019 Trailhawk....

On 9/26/2019 at 12:14 PM, Hobart108 said:

Just had my 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite setup to tow behind my RV.  Installed Roadmaster Direct-Connect Base Plate Kit - Removable Arms# RM-521451-5 , Wiring Kit, Roadmaster Nighthawk Towbar, and RVI Battery Charger along with RVI Braking System.  When I bought the Trailhawk, the dealer assured my that Jeep had fixed the "Death Wobble on the 2019 Trailhawk....

Hobart, did you go with Roadmaster for the wiring kit?  If so, was it p/n 15267 or some other?  I'm looking for options, and "think" that the Hopkins p/n 56208 might work, but the manufacturer can only confirm that it works on 2018 Cherokees...not sure about 2019.  The Hopkins kit looks easier to install (no splicing) and is much cheaper than the Roadmaster kits.