Last year, I gave this Jetpack deal a bad review after 2 failed attempts at on-line sign up. Verizon was requiring all kinds of income/residency documentation. I never could get past Verizon security reviews, hence the bad review. 

Well this year, I saw the sign up  procedure had been streamlined and gave it a try. I received my  confirmation e-mail from FMCA a couple of hours after hitting the “sign up” button on their site New Years Eve.  Located a Verizon store on New Years Day that had the device in stock. The store personnel had never heard of this program but eventually located the correct plan, collected a penny and activated the device. Yayyyy!!! We now have a connection in an ATT dead zone. Thanks FMCA and Verizon!!!  (This is all dependent on my first bill!, LOL). 

I signed up last month with a similar experience.  Verizon personnel were very helpful but uneducated on the program but we got it done.  My jet pack works fine but after 25GB of data it is throttled back to unusable speeds. In my opinion you are paying $50/month for 25GB of usable broadband.  Still worth it but not exactly as advertised..

We are not full time, but after seeing folks report they burning through 25GB very quickly, I am thinking about the Verizon prepaid unlimited plan instead. And no contract!

That's what I'm on $51.58 a month.  I use it at home and in the coach!  All depends on how many are in the area, as to speed.  There is a tower a mile from home and about 30 houses, plus what rolls down the country road...our speed never slows down.  On the road in RV parks, it does happen!

after convincing the guys at verizon by giving them the numbers that FMCA gave us that this jet pack deal was real we left the store after two hours .Jet pac worked 30 min. After 3 trips (5 hrs) back to store and 6 hrs on phone to verizon with level 2 techs and executive numbers from FMCA we  returned it to to verizon. All this in four days,executive said he marked the acct for return no fifty dollar fee.Stor mgr. said he did not know who he was and he could not do that.More text to verizon ,still no answer.system would connect internet speed was 0 .We are 20 year customers ,have used mifi for years,FMCA said they were dropping the program this fall .Very disappointed  with verizon !

On 4/12/2019 at 3:52 PM, manholt said:

That's what I'm on $51.58 a month.  I use it at home and in the coach!  All depends on how many are in the area, as to speed.  There is a tower a mile from home and about 30 houses, plus what rolls down the country road...our speed never slows down.  On the road in RV parks, it does happen!

If you like this plan, hang onto it! It was discontinued May 21, you are grandfathered in:https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/guides/verizon-pudp-prepaid-unlimited-jetpack-data-plan/

I was just searching to sign up and found that link.

I'm in Canada and inadvertently ended up with a $500 roaming charge & a locked account.  Linda has  a post pay account and so far has not incurred any charges, that we know about.  My account is prepaid and I did not know that it does not have a International ability!  My fault & I do now!!!!

I'm now using my iPhone as a Hot Spot.  My need is not 16 hours a day Facebook...I'm 30 minutes or less!

Sounds like Bobbie on a cruise. She thought she had international calling set on her phone. Like yourself, boy was she shocked. 

Keep on enjoying your tour.

Herman 

Bill,  yes, my iPhone is on $10 a day International now.  Linda is going to have a big bill, she had to receive both video & photos yesterday, along with insurance forms.  One of her rent houses got nailed by lightning & burned to the ground.  :( 

OUCH!!! Try getting on the parks wifi. May save some data charges.

One place I stayed at had "free wifi" for 30 min a day each device. :o  

Bill

Ok, I need more data.  This plan looks pretty good except the surcharges of up to 46%.  Truly?  

My own Verizon has a Fed Univ Svc charge of $1.92 on a bill > $150.  What is the amount of the Fed Univ Svc on your bills?  To me it makes sense to pay maybe $5 in taxes and charges but 20% ($10) plus their warning of surchages up to 46% of the bill.

Verizon surcharges (incl. Fed. Univ. Svc. of 18.8% of interstate & int'l telecom charges (varies quarterly), 21 cents Regulatory & $1.23 Administrative/line/mo., & others by area) are not taxes (details: 1.888.684.1888); gov't taxes & our surcharges could add 7%–46% to your bill.

Laurie

18 hours ago, F89847 said:

Ok, I need more data.  This plan looks pretty good except the surcharges of up to 46%.  Truly?  

My own Verizon has a Fed Univ Svc charge of $1.92 on a bill > $150.  What is the amount of the Fed Univ Svc on your bills?  To me it makes sense to pay maybe $5 in taxes and charges but 20% ($10) plus their warning of surchages up to 46% of the bill.

Verizon surcharges (incl. Fed. Univ. Svc. of 18.8% of interstate & int'l telecom charges (varies quarterly), 21 cents Regulatory & $1.23 Administrative/line/mo., & others by area) are not taxes (details: 1.888.684.1888); gov't taxes & our surcharges could add 7%–46% to your bill.

Laurie

I'm on the FMCA plan, and my total monthly payment is $50.07.  No surcharges that add big bucks to the bill.