DBenoit

Inflatable boats in MH

Anyone carry one around in their RV? I am thinking about it. I once saw a small outboard mounted

on a rear ladder bracket for transport. Maybe around 8 ft long with a 4-10 hp.

We do have room to store it. We do have a 21' Whaler but I can't pull that with the MH nor would I back it down a ramp.

David

Others are doing it...why not you? I would place the motor in the toad or bay...you don't want it to walk!  Why not a elect trolling motor?

David you are correct ( nor would I back it down a ramp.) However Lots of folk do tow a boat and have a receiver mounted on the front of their coach and will park the boat reverse the MH and then push the boat down the ramp. this leaves the drive tires at the rear and not in the water. We had a picture back a year or so that showed only the top of a MH in the lake. It was funny, sad, but still funny.

Hope you can find the boat and motor you can fish from. So it won't be a Tall tale:D, send us some pictures of what you catch.

Herman

I'm searching for a used inflatable now with like a 3-5 hp outboard. They ain't cheap.

Then I need approval from my 1st mate, she always tries to be captain.

Would that be a RIB.  You can get the small ones, that ferry boat owners back & forth in yacht harbors! 

I was looking at those. I need to find someone who has one around here to make sure it fits into one of the compartments before I buy one. A second option is about modifying

a hitch to hold a small skiff standing up. I will not be towing the Whaler with the MH. If we have the toad I can just load it on the roof of that.

Fishing from shore stinks especially when you have a nice boat sitting in the driveway.

That depends on what your fishing for.  Fresh or salt, deep water fish or Flounder.  Fly fishing, light or heavy tackle.  Live bait, artificial or cheese!

I'd be using it in both fresh and salt water (bay). Most likely trolling, casting or jigging. Medium tackle. Chunk bait if not lures.

Hmmm...cheese.

On 1/4/2019 at 8:44 PM, hermanmullins said:

David you are correct ( nor would I back it down a ramp.) However Lots of folk do tow a boat and have a receiver mounted on the front of their coach and will park the boat reverse the MH and then push the boat down the ramp. this leaves the drive tires at the rear and not in the water. We had a picture back a year or so that showed only the top of a MH in the lake. It was funny, sad, but still funny.

Hope you can find the boat and motor you can fish from. So it won't be a Tall tale:D, send us some pictures of what you catch.

Herman

How not to back your boat into the lake  https://www.12newsnow.com/article/sports/dog-puts-fishermans-rv-in-reverse-backs-it-into-lake-sam-rayburn/502-6b77c26f-bfe4-430d-8bf5-22b94b18dd6a