Sign in to follow this  
dbenoit

Inflatable boats in MH

Wow! Outstanding K 😃. I just kinda roughed sketch it on a post it note while reading your description. 

Use the winch to pull the boat upright, correct? 

18 hours ago, DBenoit said:

Wow! Outstanding K 😃. I just kinda roughed sketch it on a post it note while reading your description. 

Use the winch to pull the boat upright, correct? 

Yes  place motor on first, boat laid bottom down with transom against a rest which is hinged at the base of the assembly so that the transom carries the weight of the boat while being transported, attach the hook to the stem then winch the boat to upright position. A 10 foot jon boat should barely be above the back of most coaches, and memory serves me well, there are some about 9 feet. I'll dray it out this PM and try to post. I built something similar to hoist a tow dolly that worked well, the camper I built it for had problems with a place to park tow dolly in some campgrounds, after this device he simply raised the dolly and then backed into his campsite, of course after removing the toad.:D

DW gave the green light. Already looking for a used jon. There are mega pram styles but not too many jon styles.

The ones I found have a trailer, electric trolling motor, extra battery....jeesh I just want the boat and not have to deal with the other stuff. The search continues.

I have a metal fab shop here at work I can use to make the , ??????, needs a name...K Boat Rack?

Found this 8' Walker Bay for $350. Seller hasn't responded. Only thing is 2 HP max

I looked up the specs myself. Still looking for a 10'.

WB8.jpg

That's a wicked good deal, too far for me. The Walker Bay I was looking at was sold. I liked it because it has a wheel built into the hull bottom

for moving it around and it's light. The KBR's design is dependent on the boat style, but you gave me the design criteria.

Oh ya....when the rack is complete it will have KBR on it with some graphics. I can start getting some materials now.

We're heading out to Lake Mohave for a 4 day weekend and plan on towing/launching a 23 foot Scarab (about 4,000 lbs) with our 38 Dutch Star DP from the back. I've seen it done and it appears to be a reasonable proposition if done carefully. Saw this at another (boat) forum as well.

https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/threads/need-advice-on-launching-a-boat-with-a-motorhome.131679/

Applogies if I'm inappropriately cutting in on this thread.

Is there any way to have a friend with a truck back it in when you get to the Lake? I know a lot of folks said "No Problem" on the boat forum, but are you willing to risk your MH?

Herman 

Don't forget the plugs...I would not attempt it in a gas or diesel coach!  Mine was a 31' Scarab, twin 502's!  Agree with Herman..always someone willing to help with a truck!!

Hope it's a 6 degree or less slope.  IMHO, I would walk into water first to see where the drop off is...do not get the steer axle into water & look for any growth or slick spot's around edge of water line! :P

Good luck! :ph34r:

lol @ don't forget the plugs, been there. But it is a Boston Whaler and the water never gets above the deck.

Anyone want to cut it in half and watch it float....NOT.

On 6/27/2019 at 6:59 AM, manholt said:

Don't forget the plugs...I would not attempt it in a gas or diesel coach!  Mine was a 31' Scarab, twin 502's!  Agree with Herman..always someone willing to help with a truck!!

I forgot my drain plug once, I remembered what a neighbor told me about that situation. I opened the throttle all the way and the resulting draft sucked the water out of the sump,I reached behind the transom and installed the plug. The rest of the day went great.

Ray,

I forgot all 3 in my Carolina Skiff...I had just bought it, it don't sink, but I was looking for a small place to hid in, very embarrassed. :(  

Shoot, DW says if I get a small boat the Whaler has to go. I don't see that happening. Maybe I'll sneak it in and say

someone gave it to me for free. My luck I'll get caught.