festag1

Stranded in Suffolk

We just took delivery of our new motorhome about two weeks ago. Yesterday afternoon we pulled into a gas station to get gas and have lunch. We put the galley slide out and can not get it to come back in. Initially it would come on about 6 inches and stop. After someone at the dealer tried to talk me through some steps, it doesn’t respond at all (no motor activity). Keypad flashes alternately between the red fault code light and the green room or lock movement light. Slide is a power gear on a 2019 Southwind 36P. I tried manually cranking in the slide, but could not access second motor. Maybe there is a different way to get to it, but the closes I could get was removing a steel plate from underneath coach. Could see motor but could not reach with ratchet. Anyone in the Suffolk, VA area know of a good mobile repair place to help get the slide back in. Stayed here last night and looks like we will be here again tonight being a Sunday. Hope there is some help out there, thanks in advance. 

Just a couple of questions.  Assume this is the Ford F53 chassis, was the MH motor running at the time you operated the slide?  Parking brake on? 

festag1, Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

The Coach is new, so you should have all the owners manuals in a binder or large briefcase. Look over the information on the Power Gear slide. You might need to reset the slide timing. Sync  up the drive motors !

The other item that most new owners run into, is over loading the slide, or someone forgot to tighten up the adjustment bolts correctly. 

The Good Part is everything is under warranty. Start a file to keep all the repair slips and what was repaired. It can come in very handy down the road.

Rich.

Start by turning off the house and chassis batteries for a minute or 2 to reset the controller. 

Then turn them back on. Start the coach and wait a minute. Red error light should be gone and slide should move. This happens all the time with our Tour

Steve is right, I had same fix on my 2006 Southwind, Slide would not come in unless coach was level and ignition on!   On my 2007 WB Tour, same thing! 

On my current coach, I have to be Level by air or jacks and engine running (recommended), or ignition on!  

Different then Carl's, our coach the slides will not work with the ignition on. Right or wrong, i always level before putting the slides out and then I tweek the level after the slides are out. 
Herman

Hi all. Thanks for all the input. My wife suggested calling a local campground to see if they knew of any mobile techs. The one they recommended arrived a few hours after calling and was awesome. He needed to call a friend with more experience with the newer type slides, but stayed until the issue was resolved. Initial issue was deploying the slide before leveling. In addition, the attempts of the dealers instructions resulted in wiping the stop point settings. After setting the stop points and clearing the error code, we were good to go. To make it easy on ourselves and show appreciation to the nearby campground that hooked us up with the mobile tech, we decided to stay a couple nights at their campground. What a difference 24 hours make. Here is what I get to look at while watching the Eagles-Bears game instead of staring at fuel pumps at a travel center. 

Thanks again. Happy Camping!

DF627244-2E8C-4EAB-B9EC-C590FE666757.jpeg