dbenoit

Cabin Fever "2019"

It was 72 here today, tomorrow will be 74, then a cooling spell then back up.

Earlene had cabin fever last month so we are now in NOLA.

1 hour ago, manholt said:

Lime in Coconut? Ugh. Your Dr. is sick, very sick! :wacko:

But a fun song...

Brother bought a coconut, he bought it for a dime
His sister had another one she paid it for the lime
She put the lime in the coconut, she drank 'em bot' up
She put the lime in the coconut, she call the doctor, woke 'I'm up

11 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I don't know what you are talking about.:o By the way it was 74 today and I was looking at places on the coast where it was warm.🤩

Bill

It was a balmy -4 here overnight yesterday.  Heading south in a few weeks, wish I already had!

CURE FOR CABIN FEVER:  sell everything.  Travel around the country in an RV making sure you stay in warm climates.  Repeat annually as needed.

2 hours ago, IanBullock said:

It was a balmy -4 here overnight yesterday.  Heading south in a few weeks, wish I already had!

And there are people who will tell you it is a "dry cold so it's not so bad" 🤣

Bill

There is a lot of truth in that...Check out Antarctica.  When I was in Christchurch, NZ in 2007,  I went and spent the day at the Arctic Center and spoke with Scientist's at their work stations in Antarctica.  it was -47 C.  no wind, sun and feel like temp  -47!  Has not snowed there in over 100 years and in the Desert, it's been several thousand years!  Everyone I spoke with, said that low temps and high humidity is your enemy!  

11 hours ago, IanBullock said:

Where are you headed? Some place warm in the south like Buffalo?😉

Bill

I figured out why I got the fever so early. I need to spread out the parking in the backyard next year or NEXT WEEKEND. I have the pool winterized, the MH parked behind it with the boat alongside.

Look out the deck slider and you see it all grouped together. I immediately think of swimming, RVing and fishing at the same time.

That is way to much for my brain to comprehend...lol

Then I think of backing my boat down the ramp with the MH....NOT

17 minutes ago, DBenoit said:

Then I think of backing my boat down the ramp with the MH....NOT

I did that many times with our boat and coach. We don't have them now, the hardest part was lining it up to get to the boat launch. The boat and trailer was 32' (plus the out drive) and the coach was 31' long, if the launch area was tight it became a real pain quickly. 

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:43 PM, elkhartjim said:
Brother bought a coconut, he bought it for a dime
His sister had another one she paid it for the lime
She put the lime in the coconut, she call the doctor, woke 'I'm up

Jim, do you have the music to go with those lyrics? If not I'll try to noodle it, looks like a fun song!:wub: Another way to forget about cabin fever.

2 hours ago, jleamont said:

I did that many times with our boat and coach. We don't have them now, the hardest part was lining it up to get to the boat launch. The boat and trailer was 32' (plus the out drive) and the coach was 31' long, if the launch area was tight it became a real pain quickly. 

I would be pushing 65'..... 38' MH, 21' Whaler, the rest is tongue and outboard. Oh ya and the extra 20' of paranoia.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:44 PM, WILDEBILL308 said:

Where are you headed? Some place warm in the south like Buffalo?😉

Bill

Buffalo? Heck no, they have more snow there than I do here!  Something called the "lake effect".

Headed to Bradenton Beach area, Florida. going to spend a few months there. and then up to Myrtle Beach for a month. By the time we get back it'll be May and spring should be well underway.  At least that's the plan..

Ian.  Sounds like a good plan!  Leave your parka at home!!!  What happened to Galveston, TX., we to cold for you?

Joe.  Sounds like the Tail (boat), wagging the dog (Coach)!   Been there, 51' boat trailer, being pulled by a 1 Ton, 4 x 4, Bronco!  Don't work well at 90+ mph.  Got rid of it for a  goose neck trailer & 1 Ton Dodge, 4 x 4, Crew Cab, with Banks System!  Never had a problem again, following the State Cops! :rolleyes:😁

On 1/12/2019 at 10:00 AM, manholt said:

Ian.  Sounds like a good plan!  Leave your parka at home!!!  What happened to Galveston, TX., we to cold for you?

Parka at home? You bet! Galveston? Maybe next year. DW wanted to go to Daytona 500 so Florida it is, for this year..

It is 21 deg. right now, but it is a dry cold so it's not so bad.......lol.

Let's see if we get buried with snow this weekend.

38 minutes ago, DBenoit said:

It is 21 deg. right now, but it is a dry cold so it's not so bad.......lol.

Let's see if we get buried with snow this weekend.

We are on the line for this storm, I am hoping it tracks north, if so it will miss us, believe me we will not miss it :lol:!

On 1/11/2019 at 11:12 AM, kaypsmith said:

Jim, do you have the music to go with those lyrics? If not I'll try to noodle it, looks like a fun song!:wub: Another way to forget about cabin fever.

Sorry Kay, I just saw this.