dbenoit

Cabin Fever "2019"

10 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Ray, Today is cold, about 45˚ but after today the temps go into the low 70's. No way would I come up there to cook in your temperatures.

There are lots of campgrounds in this area and most a reasonably priced.  You can find a CG for under $500 a month, FHU included.  Come on down and escape that terrible climate.

BTW, we spent 5 weeks in Bremen, IN. How close are you to there?

I want to head South but DW can't travel long distances well, and has Feb. planned for me; painting the interior of our house and remodeling the basement. I'm about 90 miles from Bremen. As to BBQing, I doubt I could get the grill hot enough in this weather, wind chill forecast to be -17° tomorrow.

10 hours ago, rfsod48 said:

55 at noon, going to high 50’s today and back to 70’s for rest of week in RGV. Only problem is 30+mph wind, makes hitting golf shots a challenge.

Let me set the wind straight when playing golf.  I teed up, took out my 3 wood, hit a perfect shot landing on the green 150 yards away. I normally hit a 3 wood 200-220. The wind was straight in my face. Made par 3.

Kwitchyerbellyachin' you just had a breeze.

For us northerners let's just brag about how much snow we got INSTEAD of how warm it is elsewhere...lol.

We had 6" of it last night.

12 minutes ago, DBenoit said:

For us northerners let's just brag about how much snow we got INSTEAD of how warm it is elsewhere...lol.

What is the expected weather up there 1st week of March? Business trip to Hookset, pre planning if I will need a 4x4 or not.

Being from PA you should be a seasoned snow driver just in case. March is a funny month around here.

Pretty much like flipping a 2 headed coin...lol.

1 hour ago, DBenoit said:

Ok just so you know that "I know snow" this is what you do where I grew up. They only average 200" yearley. 

4 minutes ago, DBenoit said:

Being from PA you should be a seasoned snow driver just in case. March is a funny month around here.

Pretty much like flipping a 2 headed coin...lol.

Kinda what I figured :wacko:

Bill, Yes you would know snow with 200" annually. That would actually qualify yourself as a snow professor.

You had a pony tail when you were young? Just kidding, That was a test because I don't know if you like to kid around, guess I'll find out soon.

Where I work we make the plastic for snowshoes.

I grew up, outside of Oslo, Norway...Snow was measured by the meter, most I remember was 5 in 3 weeks!  :blink:  Like NH,  end of March and end of April, was a crapshoot.

That would actually qualify yourself as a snow professor.

You can just call me Prof Snow. 

Where I work we make the plastic for snowshoes.

To be honest I have never picked up a new set of snow shoes. They have to be light years better than the old "Hudson Bay" style trail shoes I once had. They were so heavy I couldn't go far.

Bill

Bill, was that the leather wrapped, wood shoe, with long tails...never got very far in  them.  Easier to use skies!

Herman,

Wait-- is that one or two questions?

Did Carl grow up may be one (and I would vote for WHY.  He may be having too much fun to do that)?

Did he cross country ski in Norway?

Minus 5 this morning when I left for work at 5:45am est. 17 when I left work at 4:30pm. There is so much salt on the roads they are covered in a gray/white powder. I sure hope Chevrolet’s cabin filter is working well, it looks like you are driving down a dusty dirt road. You can't tell where to be cautious for ice since you can’t see it. My blue car is only blue on the roof, rest of it is gray/white. I saw somewhere today 47 days until spring, at least that’s one way to look at it positively.

1 minute ago, jleamont said:

Minus 5 this morning when I left for work at 5:45am est. 17 when I left work at 4:30pm. There is so much salt on the roads they are covered in a gray/white powder. I sure hope Chevrolet’s cabin filter is working well, it looks like you are driving down a dusty dirt road. You can't tell where to be cautious for ice since you can’t see it. My blue car is only blue on the roof, rest of it is gray/white. I saw somewhere today 47 days until spring, at least that’s one way to look at it positively.

Boy can I relate to the salt - looks like White Sands around here as well. That's why our bus doesn't hit the pavement until after a couple of steady spring rains, if at all possible.

Woke up to -26 temps this morning. Hit a high of -5 this afternoon. Strange, but we're supposed to have a heat wave Sunday and hit 40 (that's +40!)

Even with wind chill, no world record was set.  That still belongs to Siberia, a permanent settlement there, hit -94 F in 1924 and the average winter temp is -58 F !!!  Gets into the +80/90's in summer! :wacko: 

56 minutes ago, richard5933 said:

Boy can I relate to the salt - looks like White Sands around here as well. That's why our bus doesn't hit the pavement until after a couple of steady spring rains, if at all possible.

Woke up to -26 temps this morning. Hit a high of -5 this afternoon. Strange, but we're supposed to have a heat wave Sunday and hit 40 (that's +40!)

I knew you would beat our temperatures, I’m glad you chimed in. Next Tuesday we are supposed to hit 60. Strange temperatures!

I just keep adding fuel to the fire...just made final payment on a cruise for May. I should be  will be bouncing off

the walls this weekend after I make reservations for our Nova Scotia road trip. Think it's time to pop a cork.

Just spent a little over 3 weeks in New Orleans last month. Weather was nice. A couple cold days, like in the high 40's but bearable.  We are having some of our two weeks of Winter. Yesterday and today are in the low 40's but then we go back up to the 70's. Our two weeks of Winter is never all at once.

DB, you need to retire and head South for the Winter.