dbenoit

Cabin Fever "2019"

Richard --

I don't want to make your cabin fever any worse, but trees are starting to "bud out" in the Houston area.  It will be "chilly" this week with highs around 60 and lows in the upper 40's. 

The start of patio season / bluebonnet season is just a couple of weeks away which reminds me it's time to make reservations for the Wine & Wildflower Journey in the Texas Hill Country this April --> https://texaswinetrail.com/product/wine-wildflower-journey-2019/

6 minutes ago, fagnaml said:

Richard --

I don't want to make your cabin fever any worse, but trees are starting to "bud out" in the Houston area.  It will be "chilly" this week with highs around 60 and lows in the upper 40's. 

The start of patio season / bluebonnet season is just a couple of weeks away which reminds me it's time to make reservations for the Wine & Wildflower Journey in the Texas Hill Country this April --> https://texaswinetrail.com/product/wine-wildflower-journey-2019/

That's not right :ph34r: :lol:!! 

It will also rain along the coast and inland for the next 7 days, starting tonight.  We are still in Gladewater, TX. 45/36 and rain tomorrow, ugh!  Wed. pm, we will be in Rayne, LA. warm & wet for 5 days! :wacko:  3 weeks from now, I'll be giving the lawn, it's first haircut...:lol:

Just the other day I fired up the Traeger and BBQ'd St. Louis Style ribs.  They came out deliciously.

It's nice being able to BBQ in nicer weather all year round, well maybe a little hotter in Summer than other places but that is why I'm a "Summerbird."

17 minutes ago, wayne77590 said:

well maybe a little hotter in Summer than other places but that is why I'm a "Summerbird."

I'd take that any day over snow, sleet freezing rain, rusted cars that you still owe on or become junk right after the last payment, car accidents from weather, trapped in the house, only can use the coach 6-7 months a year, all of that is painful! I'll take the sweat any day.....SIGN ME UP!! 

1 hour ago, jleamont said:

I'd take that any day over snow, sleet freezing rain, rusted cars that you still owe on or become junk right after the last payment, car accidents from weather, trapped in the house, only can use the coach 6-7 months a year, all of that is painful! I'll take the sweat any day.....SIGN ME UP!! 

I second that!

1 hour ago, jleamont said:

Come on down!!  When is the year of the move?

36 minutes ago, manholt said:

Not all of TX.  Here it's 41 and rain! Wind at 15/20 NNE...no fun in sun! ☃️☃️

Hey, I didn't say it wasn't raining!  Well. today, at this particular time of post, it is 55˚.  Below 70 is freezing for me. Have the house heat seat at 71 and still running my little electric element in the room I'm in.

Happy I have auto start on the car so I can warm it up 10 minutes before I have to get into it. Just need that old man's mad dash from house to car. DW's car is garaged - lucky her.

22 minutes ago, wayne77590 said:

Below 70 is freezing for me

You and my DW were meant to be :lol:

She always says, below 70 is too cold! 

18 hours ago, jleamont said:

You and my DW were meant to be :lol:

She always says, below 70 is too cold! 

I have one. No way I could handle two! 👺

19 hours ago, elkhartjim said:

The mesquite trees are budding in the Texas Hill Country

Mesquite TREES? I drove all the way across Texas and still looked for them. Of course I go to florida and look at their RIVERS, our creeks in Alabama are larger than those rivers. And of course there is the mighty Rio Grande in place to keep those Mexicans out of Texas.:ph34r:

1 hour ago, kaypsmith said:

Mesquite TREES? I drove all the way across Texas and still looked for them.

Next time you are down this way I can arrange a personal introduction.🤣 

1 hour ago, kaypsmith said:

And of course there is the mighty Rio Grande in place to keep those Mexicans out of Texas.:ph34r:

I have to agree on the Rio Grande not being much of a deterrent. When I was camped on the banks of the St Lawrence this summer I thought it was a much better barrier along with lake Ontario. 

Bill

On 2/20/2019 at 10:26 AM, DBenoit said:

Yipee! Yahoo! Forecast is snow, rain, ice for NH.

Not to burst your bubble, but it snowed in  Las Vegas yesterday. It's 60° in S. Indiana today.

We have had mid 70 days and low 70 nights X2, Current is 71 & dropping back to 46 in AM...TS every day/night for more than a week...I'm growing web feet & feathers!!! Quack, Quack!  We are in Rayne, LA.

Going to 48˚ overnight here and warming to 65˚ tomorrow, then another 46˚ night then back up in temps again. Wacky, but still Texas weather.