dbenoit

Cabin Fever "2019"

37 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Here is a place you definitely need to pin. The Big Texan Steak Ranch in Amarillo on Route 66. They have a FREE steak just for you. https://www.bigtexan.com/

Bill

Nice. Thanks for the link. I saw this place on TV (old Man vs Food).

22 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

DBenoit,

Right off the hoof is not where the best cut of meat is.:lol:

Herman

Now Herman, cut that out! You know what he meant. You can talk Texan and say "Shank."  His "Off the hoof" = "Fresh.

DB, we have a place about 10 miles up the road where you can "Eat All You Want" catfish for about $12. They also make the best Jalapeno Poppers you have ever eaten.

LIke I said, we have the resturants around here.

Wayne, you need to come up north. We have towns that were re invented as dining destinations. Like Roanoke they were nothing and now have over 50 restarants and still building. https://roanoketexas.com/DocumentCenter/View/2025/Roanoke-menu-v29

Then we have places like Southlake. Small bedroom community that kept growing and moving upscale. Well they didn't have a downtown and the city hall was in a old building and to small. So they hired a big name architect and built a down town and town square. 

I did a little research The median home value in Southlake is $677,000, I did say it is upscale.

https://www.opentable.com/landmark/restaurants-near-southlake-town-square-shopping-center

Bill

Might just have to make a stop up in that area some day.

I can stay home to have some really good food.
My creation of Pasta Bolognese in the Instant Pot.

bolognese.jpg

Carl/ the boat museum in Clayton NY is a Museum. There are descriptions at every display. I only put the "water cooled" in mention of V-12 engines because not everybody is as smart as an old boat racer like you.😎😉 There  are a few V-12 engines displayed on shop Dolly's. All old and the workmanship is impressive. Would be tough to air cool a V engine of any size of course

8 minutes ago, obedb said:

Carl/ the boat museum in Clayton NY is a Museum. There are descriptions at every display. I only put the "water cooled" in mention of V-12 engines because not everybody is as smart as an old boat racer like you.😎😉 There  are a few V-12 engines displayed on shop Dolly's. All old and the workmanship is impressive. Would be tough to air cool a V engine of any size of course

YES, spent many enjoyable hours there as well as at nearby Boldt Castle.

Now, can you teleport my boat up there for the summer (ONLY)-- way too far to go from Texas at 6 NMPH

34 minutes ago, wolfe10 said:

Now, can you teleport my boat up there for the summer (ONLY)-- way too far to go from Texas at 6 NMPH

No but you could sail your boat all the way. This will get you to Lake Michigan. https://www.imusgeographics.com/great-lakes-to-the-gulf-of-mexicoby-boat

From there it is only a "short sail" to the mouth of the Saint Lawrence river and Clayton. Those lakes arn't all that big.😋

Bill 

Brett, if you have a lay down mast, under 53', call Freightliner for a cradle trailer and haul it up there! :rolleyes::D

Kay, sounds like FL borrow from Hawaii or Cuba!

The only thing that I like at the Big Texan, is the Rocky Mountain Oysters!

WBill, not all good eat''s are in DFW! Some of the oldest and best BBQ is in New Braunfels, Austin, Lockhart, Gonzales and Zapata, TX.

1 hour ago, manholt said:

WBill, not all good eat''s are in DFW! Some of the oldest and best BBQ is in New Braunfels, Austin, Lockhart, Gonzales and Zapata, TX.

Well Carl, I went back and read what I posted 2 more times. Strangely nowhere did I make that claim. I simply posted a comment back to Wayne, who had just posted about places near him. I simply posted "with links" to a couple interesting areas. Yes I did post to DBenoit about the Big Tex. True it may not be a prime beef steakhouse up to your exacting standards but the steaks are edible and the ambiance is interesting. Some even like the bit where they will pick you up at your campground in one of their vintage limos and take you home again.

Bill

Whats a Boldt Castle?

WBill, your an epicurean, just like I am!  First thing on our list, is the quality and prep of the food, then service.  I very seldom do tourist traps!  

Joe, if you can eat that 72 oz medium rare steak, all the trimmings and the plate, in 28 seconds...your a Tiger! :lol::blink:

13 minutes ago, manholt said:

Whats a Boldt Castle?

http://www.boldtcastle.com/visitorinfo/

15 minutes ago, manholt said:

Joe, if you can eat that 72 oz medium rare steak, all the trimmings and the plate, in 28 seconds...your a Tiger! :lol::blink:

Well at least under a minute and a half and who is going to argue with her. I bet she was looking around for more.

https://www.amarillo.com/article/20120716/LIFESTYLE/307169681

Bill

Cabin fever gone.....I forgot when our appointment was for the MH to get a sticker, small recall and propane tank filled.

I called and they said April 2nd. Yikes!!! I have like 1 ft of snow and ice on the MH cover, about a 6 ft snowbank in front of it and the boat

to move, plus the yard is like a sponge. I sure hope the temps help out with the melt but we will need major landscaping after moving everything around.

DB.

From the storm we had today, going to Perry & The one behind us, just coming out of SoCal, I would not think that "Spring has Sprung", in your part of NH!!!:lol:☃️ 

Success! The cure for DB's Cabin Fever!

Just got off the phone booking our site near Corpus Christi for next January and February. Pioneer RV Beach Resort. 

Heard there is a FMCA rally in the works in Tucson so will likely head to Arizona come March.

Get outta that cabin!

Well at least taking out the trash, at night. What i heard was coyotes howling out back near the creek.

Kind of creepy, sounded like 3. Then they just stopped. I bolted in the house. Mega spotlights on, seen

nothing. They are there, tracks. Soooo any ideas to get rid of them besides head shots.