dbenoit

Cabin Fever "2019"

I can happily announce that spring has sprung for us here in Wisconsin, and not a moment too soon. This cabin fever thing was getting to me.

After a week or two of above freezing afternoon temps the ground dried out enough around where the bus was parked, and today I was able to bring it from behind the barn back to the parking pad next to our driveway. Yay! Not a moment too soon since I have an appointment next week to have the Jake Brakes installed on our engine.

Great thing, these old mechanical engines. Hasn't been touched in about three months - started instantly as soon as I touched the switch. Oil pressure came right up and all systems are 'go'.

Next thing you know the spring bulbs will start popping up.

Richard, we are feeling it here in PA also! Got the roads washed over the last two days with heavy rain, no salt or sodium chloride to be seen anywhere. Hopefully it stays that way. 50 degrees today supposed to hit 60 next week.

Adding the sound bar to the front tv in the coach tomorrow and probably gonna service the generator. That ought to really trigger the itch! Too bad I have no trips planned until the middle of June :wacko:

Brett great idea :lol:, DW wants a baby goat, need to add you and Diane to the list of people to keep away from my wife or I’m liable to end up with a goat :lol:

OK, same as Brett...but I had to wait a week, Scott triple, then water lawn!  Moved front, back and both sides, 4 ac. at 2 inches...we are due for rain & thunder late tonight. 73 today!

We have the grass mowed every 10 days all year round, so what's the problem?

Joe, your wife already had an "Old Goat," why does she want a baby one that will grow up the same?😇

Wayne, at the house on the Island...same as you!  It's non-stop.  Here at the ranch, grass goes dormant for 3 months, only weeds grow! :P The weeds will be gone by Monday, Linda sprayed 200 gallons yesterday...she has the Ag. Licence.  That stuff is not cheap!!!  Now, for the Cactus, I'm spraying today & we will pick up & burn it, next weekend. 

There will come the day, that we can't maintain this place any longer....hopefully, that's a long time away!  Thank the Lord, country living ain't for everybody...we love it. :)  

7 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

We have the grass mowed every 10 days all year round, so what's the problem?

Joe, your wife already had an "Old Goat," why does she want a baby one that will grow up the same?😇

And two chihuahua’s :)

Joe, then who had the pup's playing on the couch?  Facebook, your DW to Linda.

Temp this am at 8 was 64, at 8:20 am 51..Now 11 am 54...only in Texas! :rolleyes:  The wind, went from 6 SW to 15/20 WNW..can't spray!  Cactus is not the only thing it will kill. :o 

The cover is off. Took a ride down the driveway and parked it in it’s strategic get out town now spot.

All systems good.

OK the coach is ready so this weekend I will get the boat ready. 

I am really excited to get this party started.

2 hours ago, DBenoit said:

OK the coach is ready so this weekend I will get the boat ready. 

I am really excited to get this party started.

Where are you headed this weekend?

Bill

22 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Where are you headed this weekend?

Bill

Just taking it to the dealers for an inspection sticker and fill the propane tank. Most of this

weekend is to start the boat and load it.

22 hours ago, jleamont said:

Did you run water through it already?

Not yet. I'll do that in a couple of weeks. Hampton Beach opens the last week of April, that will be our

first time out overnight. Me and the queen will probably take it cruising for a day before that. Sometimes we even take it

when we go out to eat....weird eh?

7 minutes ago, DBenoit said:

Not yet

I have been on the fence with ours to flush it out. Nights are still dropping into the upper 20's here and there so I figured i'd better wait. I would imagine its at least 10 degrees colder in NH than PA

I just worked up a sweat in the yard, 71 now, will be 76 later and 57 for a low...I have never Winterized. :lol: :wub:

9 minutes ago, manholt said:

I just worked up a sweat in the yard, 71 now, will be 76 later and 57 for a low...I have never Winterized. :lol: :wub:

Sure rub it in :lol:

Is that a new word, "Winterize?"

On this date, 3/28/2019, at 1730 hours (5:30 for you civilians) it is 72˚.
If it drops 3 degrees it will be below freezing for my skin.

6 minutes ago, wayne77590 said:

Is that a new word, "Winterize?"

On this date, 3/28/2019, at 1730 hours (5:30 for you civilians) it is 72˚.
If it drops 3 degrees it will be below freezing for my skin.

:lol:

Wayne you sound like my wife! Below 70 is freezing, she has no problem telling it that way either!