dbenoit

Cabin Fever "2019"

When I called on Sat. they told me they are waiting for FR to send the resealing kit. It must be coming in by mule.

I also will be getting a quote for that RV Armor coating for later. At least I am getting a lot of things done on the boat that I have put off.

Started her up and she runs like a charm. All my fishing gear is in the coach. Got a 7 day cruise coming up 2nd week of May so I am not sure

if it will be fishing or camping first.

2 hours ago, DBenoit said:

When I called on Sat. they told me they are waiting for FR to send the resealing kit. It must be coming in by mule.

If this goes like every other post I have read, you might want to do the RV armor now. I have heard where it takes months to get parts from FR. I sincerely hope this is not the case with your coach! Keep on them, might also warrant a call to FR customer support, so they understand you are not going to wait for them.

On the topic of roof coating; I have an old cargo trailer with a fiberglass roof, in 3' sq sections. All the seams are leaking so I'm going to try something this spring. I have a can of "FlexSeal(it DOES contain petroleum distillates) white coating, I'll clean off old caulk and paint the seams with FlexSeal liquid. If it destroys the old trailer roof little is lost; but I'll make a new topic post of the results either way. I would not attempt my MH roof even if it does well, FlexSeal liquid in a 1G can is $90 now.

RayIN, It works...not forever, but just spray the seams, every 90 days.  I get the cans at Wall Mart.  

The mule from the FR still hasn’t made it to the dealers. They said maybe Tuesday, Ahhhh.

I am so ready.

Well the mule arrived from FR. Now I just need to motivate the dealer into some pronto install, but done correctly.

My concern is that it didn't leak before and better not after.

Hampton Beach opens for camping on Monday. Our favorite local place to hang.

47 minutes ago, DBenoit said:

Hampton Beach opens for camping on Monday.

Any particular campground up there you prefer? 

We really like Hampton State Park (1/2 hr away). Next week it is 1st come for a full hook site until late May.

Can't get a F/H site during peak, so we always dry camp in the field during that time.

We also like Danforth Bay (1-1/2 hr away) that's nice and can bring boat. The pond there has access to Lake Ossipee. When we go to Cape Cod I just park in my brother in laws yard which is on the water in Buzzards Bay.

Use his boat and quahog license.

2 hours ago, DBenoit said:

Danforth Bay

That is a great area. Not far from Lake Winnipesaukee, where they have a great wooden boat show every year. We generally stay at Newfound Lake. May be there in a few weeks.

Bill

That area is a new one for me. Drove past it up 95 many many times for work. Never knew of it’s existence. I’ll be headed past it again the first week of June, I’m headed to South Portland Maine for work.

My sig pic is field camping there. You have the beach in front on you, Hampton Bay behind you with all sorts of excursion boats

and a public ramp. Walk about 100 yards and you're at the boardwalk. They have a seafood festival usually the 1st week in

Sept..If you ever want a really good seafood fest go to Charlestown RI. I've pretty much been to them all and that probably the best.

Of course Maine's Lobster Fest is right up there also.

57 minutes ago, DBenoit said:

My sig pic is field camping there. You have the beach in front on you, Hampton Bay behind you with all sorts of excursion boats

and a public ramp. Walk about 100 yards and you're at the boardwalk. They have a seafood festival usually the 1st week in

Sept..If you ever want a really good seafood fest go to Charlestown RI. I've pretty much been to them all and that probably the best.

Of course Maine's Lobster Fest is right up there also.

Great information, thank you!

On 4/16/2019 at 4:29 AM, manholt said:

DB.

How goes it with the coach roof?

Looks like they will be done this week!! Yahoo! Unless we have it for this weekend, we won't be able

to use it for a few weeks, going on a 7 day cruise, time to put the feedbag on, again!

Just stopped by the dealer to get a few tings out and they are waiting for FR to see if they are going to replace the roof.

They found it wet under the rubber. Dried it out and resealed. No leaking visible inside. They said “if” it goes back they will replace it with a fiberglass roof. ????

Dealer will seal it up for the summer but come fall it “may” need to go meet its maker.

Hopefully find out next week about the “if” and “may”. As soon as the mule gets here with the mail.

"If" and "may" just changed to "will". Just spoke with FR. Dealer will seal it up for the season and then it goes for a new roof in late Sept.

completely empty and winterized. Kind of glad we got the extended warranty. Everything is covered. Even an oil change when it comes back

around late Nov.

My bad, this is all covered under the recall not the extended warranty. Pick it up tomorrow. It is all dried out and resealed

for the summer. We won't be going out until Memorial Day weekend as we leave this Saturday

for a 7 day cruise. Already got all my nip bottles packed. The Margaritas are a little weak.