dbenoit

Cabin Fever "2019"

Bill/ when we are in the Thousand Islands area, I still see Border Patrol in the area though in small numbers.  Where did you stay along the 

St. Lawrence ? 

32 minutes ago, obedb said:

Bill/ when we are in the Thousand Islands area, I still see Border Patrol in the area though in small numbers.  Where did you stay along the 

St. Lawrence ? 

How’s the weather over there at home? You have to be in the same boat we’re in with the 70mph wind through tomorrow. 

39 minutes ago, jleamont said:

How’s the weather over there at home? You have to be in the same boat we’re in with the 70mph wind through tomorrow. 

WAIT-- boat and 70 MPH winds.

As we would say in Texas: "THAT AIN'T RITE".

14 minutes ago, wolfe10 said:

WAIT-- boat and 70 MPH winds.

As we would say in Texas: "THAT AIN'T RITE".

:lol:

Few minutes ago I though someone was outside revving their engine, it was the wind roaring up the street :o

4 minutes ago, jleamont said:

:lol:

Few minutes ago I though someone was outside revving their engine, it was the wind roaring up the street :o

Same thing here - winds have been straight-line since last night steady over 30 mph. We've had extended periods with the wind steady over 50 mph. Sounds like a train going by when it comes from just the right direction. Really glad I installed the 'optional' support wires on my vertical ham antenna. Temp will go from high of 38F to single digits tonight.

Can't wait for spring. This is starting to wear me out.

1 hour ago, obedb said:

St. Lawrence ? 

We stayed at Merry Knoll Campground, New York 12E, Clayton, NY

and McLaren Campground, 15020 Long Sault Pkwy, Ingleside, ON K0C 1M0, Canada. 

Both are nice. Merry Knoll was on a slope but the sites were level.

Bill

Byron, little early to be there now!  Not to mention cold, deep snow...:wacko:

Richard, where you live, is not a place that a sane man would spend winter!  Ugh..

At least we didn't have the blizzard that rolled through the more northern parts of Wisconsin this weekend, complete with 100+ car pile up which shut down the Interstate. Many injured and I believe at least one death. What they got makes our weather seem downright mild.

Your right..there's more coming!  Makes one realize, the Ice Age, is still retreating...one foot forward, 2 back!  :rolleyes:

Joe/ 60 mph gusts/ 30 or so constant. We are surrounded by tall trees which amplify the sound. Would have bet that we would lose power. We didn't.   Our circuit comes from a rural connection. The houses near us were built on a corn field. Underground power from the town. MET ED has a robot that answers when reporting an outage. Always recognizes us because of Caller ID. Robot is programmed to tell us You are last!! 😎  Several times  we were over 5 days getting our power back. 

Bill/ did you visit the boat museum in Clayton?  Worth every penny. Got a kick out of the building across the street displaying hydroplane racing boats.  Many had V-12 water cooled engines from WW II

Carl/ have stayed in this area several times over the years. The Clayton/Alexandria Bay Area on the St. Lawrence is well worth the time.

Byron...If not water cooled, did you think air?  :blink:  Did it say WWII ?  Or you assuming so?  Some Hydro boat's run Lamborghini V-12's!  I ran a Blue Water Race boat, with twin 502's, produced 648 hp each!  Also a Cat with twin 1,000 hp's!  Both was water cooled...:D 

8 hours ago, DBenoit said:

Did the little piggy cry we we we all the way home.

No just till he got far enough south it warmed up.🤣

41 minutes ago, manholt said:

Both was water cooled...:D 

Directley or using a water cooled intercooler?

16 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

No just till he got far enough south it warmed up.🤣

And then got barbecued? That's what I miss in TX. Best barbecue I ever had, pork and beef. (Drooling)Definitely had the feed bag on.

And actually the 2nd best was in Germany, go figure. The wild boar and elk there is excellent.

1 hour ago, DBenoit said:

And then got barbecued? That's what I miss in TX. Best barbecue I ever had, pork and beef. (Drooling)Definitely had the feed bag on.

One should try the BBQed beef in Florida when put on at a political rally. These people build a fire in a hole, it burns for two days before the whole beef that has been cleaned of course, wrapped in palm leaves covered with foil then the fire is kept burning on top of all that for 24 more hours. Results are very tasty.:rolleyes:

We have so many good restaurants around here I could not list them all as we'd run out of space.

Just about anything you would want. BBQ places galore and all good.

Get out of the cabin and head south.

49 minutes ago, DBenoit said:

I'm about ready to BBQ that ground hog and then not eat him.....

Taste like chicken. Well tough chicken.

Thought I would add to the list of realey good BBQ. These guys have won nearly all the BBQ cook offs in the world. This place started as their "test kitchen" It is still only open Friday, Saturday and Sunday, till the meat is gone. 

http://bbqnorthmain.com/

Bill

Oh I better leave now so I can be there early.

The BBQ around here is good but nothing like right off the hoof

I already have TX on my list. I can always find CG's going from one BBQ to the other. I always wanted to go back and visit the

Armadillo Club in Austin and the Crazy Horse Saloon in Kileen but they are long gone now. I also like catfish, yummy. I better

get a map and start pinning.

1 minute ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Here is a place you definitely need to pin. The Big Texan Steak Ranch in Amarillo on Route 66. They have a FREE steak just for you. https://www.bigtexan.com/

Bill

Back in 2008 I was going to give that a run. I'm not sure but I think I could have taken it back then.