elkhartjim

Proof motorhomes don't float.

I'm surprised it still ran...don't want that cleaning bill.:blink:  Reason #1, tie Rover up outside, when your alone and rigging down/up!  Launch a boat with coach from front, not rear!:wacko:

I am actually surprised it moved with the parking brake set. Ours wont move if the parking brake is set unless you really get on the throttle, even on a hill. Wait, probably not fair as I have Fire Apparatus linings and I changed the shoe size on both axles.. 

I’m guessing it’s parking brake is one drum on the driveshaft, they work...ok. Not the greatest design and a real problem if not maintained properly.

Bet that will cause some serious delamanation! :wacko:

Joe,

Maybe I should consider changing the size of my front brakes, how much bigger could I go without changing the air chambers?

Jim

I was wondering how the dog moved the shifter (gas coach). The only thing I don't know is this a older coach with the chevy engine and the Allison transmission?  Did they mount those like the diesel coaches? 

I thought it was amazing it was able to drive out under its own power. I never saw the cable they had hooked up go tight to pull it. You can see a guy holding the slack in the cable.

Hope he won the tournament as he needed the money to pay for repairing the RV.🤣

Bill

Bill, good point...I had a 1997 Allegro & a 2006 Soutwind, both had Allison and both was column shift...same with my Duramax PU !  Staged?  But it did happen last weekend. 

I found no ref. to this event.  Houston Chronicle or any of the media outlet's.  Unless Jim S. want's to verify via Harris County Sheriff or Fire Dept. or  Park Service...I call it a publicity stunt, by YOLO Tech. 

However and for what purpose it was done, the coach in question, is a FRED, with the touchpad for the Allison!  Also, a Toy Hauler!

I once saw a new truck do that at the ramp. Lucky I just finished loading next to it. Good thing as the DEP closed down the ramp to contain the petro.

OH and also the boat trailer jack knifed under the dock and trashed the motor. The dudes in the video didn't seem as worried as the dude I saw

that was using his brothers truck.

6 hours ago, manholt said:

I found no ref. to this event.  Houston Chronicle or any of the media outlet's.  Unless Jim S. want's to verify via Harris County Sheriff or Fire Dept. or  Park Service...I call it a publicity stunt, by YOLO Tech. 

However and for what purpose it was done, the coach in question, is a FRED, with the touchpad for the Allison!  Also, a Toy Hauler!

You either didn't bother to read the article or you don't know where Lake Sam Rayburn is.  The Harris county sheriff's dept or Houston fire department would not be involved. The link I provided is KHOU-TV, channel 11 in Houston. It was covered by Beaumont, Tyler and other tv outlets. Various print news sources also reported it.

The owner is a fairly well known bass tournament fisherman.  

Google "motorhome sinks in Lake Sam Rayburn". Can you point out where the statement about stunt dogs was used, its not on the link I provided that I can find. 

Read the Credit's at the end...after the boat was rescued.  I like the write up of KTLV 7 better, shows 2 dogs, and indicates there was another person in coach that set the brake, before it rolled into lake!

I stand corrected. :(

22 hours ago, jleamont said:

I’m guessing it’s parking brake is one drum on the driveshaft, they work...ok. Not the greatest design and a real problem if not maintained properly.

Bet that will cause some serious delamanation! :wacko:

it will buff out

I'm thinking that between the insurance and sponsor's, he'll get another coach and writes this one off on taxes!