hayesfamily

Ditched my Towing and Roadside Assistance

41 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Speaking of the OP has anyone heard from Mr Keon?

Bill

YUP, we talk often. Usually via text.

2 hours ago, FIVE said:

In the initial post, the OP said it cost $150 a year.  I bought a three year contract from GS for less than that.  I've needed them twice, once was  a RF blow out...they brought a new tire and changed it; the other was last January where, when following the directions given us by the CG, we got stuck...they pulled us out.  I'm well ahead....financially.

For those of you using Good Sam for roadside assistance and/or for extended service plans, its being reported that Camping World could be close to filing for bankruptcy protection within the next 12 months.  

Jim S.  NO!  Marcos L.  Owns both CW & Gander Mountain,  GM went BK in 2017 and was bought by CW for $35.4 Million.  CW has 40 subsidiary Company's and does sales of $4.792 Billion!  4th quarter earnings was $982 Million!  

So, keep what you got...don't go with rumors!   

Never been a huge fan of roadside assistance plans.  GS has sent me free membership the last two years for theirs, not sure why.  Maybe it had something to do with my renewal on my regular membership.  

For a wreck my insurance company will pay for most or all of a tow/recovery.  Due to my factory warranty still being in place some mechanical breakdowns could ever be covered.  I have went 8 years without a blow out on any RV so I'm way ahead of the game there.  

2 hours ago, manholt said:

Jim S.  NO!  Marcos L.  Owns both CW & Gander Mountain,  GM went BK in 2017 and was bought by CW for $35.4 Million.  CW has 40 subsidiary Company's and does sales of $4.792 Billion!  4th quarter earnings was $982 Million!  

So, keep what you got...don't go with rumors!   

You guys must know things Moody's doesn't. https://sgbonline.com/moodys-confirms-camping-worlds-debt-ratings-outlook-negative/

or https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bmo-downgrades-camping-world-were-182025919.html

or https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/06/12/wall-street-betting-big-against-camping-world-hold.aspx

Seems there are several spreading this rumor.

Jim S.

Yes, their first 3 quarter earnings where down, fourth made up for it & paid .28 per share...CW is a NYSC.  If CW goes down, it will take some Forbs 500 companies with it.

All 3 links are old news!  :P

I have some CW stock & some of the subsidiary stock...my broker has not called yet.  There's a lot of Company's that I do not like and will not do business with...but as long as the stock dividends come to the bank..I'll invest.  IMHO, RV marked is like Oil & Gas.  Up/Down/Up/Down!  :D

I don't consider June, 2019, that old. 

Their financials for CWH report -$0.34EPS 4th Qtr 18, -$0.74EPS 1st Qtr 19, $0.45EPS 2nd Qtr 19, 3rd Qtr results haven't been announced.  

On 2/25/2019 at 7:37 PM, kaypsmith said:

I broke down in a busy intersection, I was at the back door about to open the door and look for the problem, Police pulled up behind me with blue light on, ordered me to get into the coach, he couldn't take a chance on me getting hit, (he was directly behind the back door of the coach) I told him that it only take a few minutes to get going again, his words were, I told you to get into the coach and I mean now, he called a wrecker for me and the driver was there in about 30 minutes. Wrecker towed me to nearest truck stop, two miles and dropped me off. I had to pay the dude cash money $578.00. I then opened the back door found broken wire to the fuel solenoid, spliced it back together and was back on the road in fifteen minutes. I then called AAA and told what had happened, they sent me a reimbursement form, 12 days later I received a check for the entire wrecker bill. My insurance carrier was also informed, maximum with them $50.00, they then upped that to their maximum $200.00. I want be without RA, it has saved me several times and paid much more than I paid them so far. Hope you never block a busy intersection. Incidentily, I called the police chief of that town to complain about the officer, his reply, he did in exactly as instructed by the laws of the state.

FMCA roadside service will not do this , they will not reimbursed you for a tow made without calling them first