bobged

BlueFire motorhome App-VMSpc alternative

It looks like VMSpc now has some competition in displaying engine data from from BlueFire LLC with the motorhome app version located at BlueFire Motorhome App The big news is this app is available for Android, IOS and Windows 10 devices. In the dash view it supports the use of both dial and text gauges in a screen layout form for all of the above devices.

The software is free to download and experiment with (see the info at the bottom of the linked page on how to obtain each version).

There are many features in this app and it would be easier to download the app/apps you're interested in rather than me trying to describe them as I'm still learning. However in addition to the Dash view be sure a look at the Trip and Drive functions. 

Connection to the 9-pin diagnostic port is made with a Bluetooth adapter available for $190 from Amazon BlueFire 9-Pin J1939/J1708 Bluetooth Data Adapter or directly from BlueFire Store that offers a 10% discount using amazon as the coupon code. There is also a J1708 6-pin adapter available.

The developer has made the API open source so others can experiment with adding new features.  Apparently they will be in Quartzsite in booth 623a for those that may be attending.

I am attaching  screenshots of layouts I put together.  The first one is on an iPad and the second on a 10" Windows 10 tablet.  The layout files can be shared with others through the email function located within the App.

On edit:  Added a screenshot in night mode

iPad Dial Gauge Layout.jpg

Win 10 Dial Gauge Layout.jpg

iPad Dial Gauge Layout-Dark.jpg

Bobged,

I just purchased BlueFire as well.  Love the concept.  Plan to setup and test this weekend.  I really like your custom dash.  Can you send me the ipad custom dash?

Jeff

thenutyguy@yahoo.com

On 1/16/2019 at 1:01 PM, thenutyguy said:

Bobged,

I just purchased BlueFire as well.  Love the concept.  Plan to setup and test this weekend.  I really like your custom dash.  Can you send me the ipad custom dash?

Jeff

thenutyguy@yahoo.com

I know we have communicated through other means, but my apologies for not responding to this post sooner, but I don't regularly monitor this forum.  

On 2/12/2019 at 7:01 PM, desertdeals69 said:

I can't figure out how to set up my dash.  iPad shows the some of the information but no gauges.

Which gauges have you defined?  I assume you have the 6-Pin J1708 Adapter.  Have you selected the J1708 data bus on the Settings page?

When I try to select a gauge I get an error box, can't remember what exactly it says so I will have to go out to the garage to look.  I am getting the rpm reading when the engine is running but not on a gauge.  I do have the 6 pin.

Have you downloaded all the apps? 

I researched the system this am, in Seattle, WA., they had several, "click here", Links for trouble shooting.

youngtg1,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Since the last post on this thread was back in February, you might have better luck by sending a MESSAGE to bobged.

Just click on his name (left side of his post) then on MESSAGE.