Sign in to follow this  
Aufgeblassen

Do Not Buy A Winnebago 5th Wheel!

Do you own a 5th Wheel or a Class C? You have made a comment about Winnebago 5th Wheel and post about how good of mileage you get in your Class C. You have us confused, can you clarify this for us.

Thanks,

Herman 

On 1/12/2019 at 9:51 PM, wayne77590 said:

Care to elaborate?

Certainly!  It sat on a dealer lot for about a year we bought it, and good thing it did, because the slide-out  floor totally rotted out at close to a year after we got it.  If we got it just after the dealer got it, it would have been past warranty, and we would have been SOL.

It had all kinds of other problems too, and the dealer, working with the factory concluded it was too much for the dealer to handle, so the factory had it shipped all the way back to Indiana (from FL) for a complete go over & repair.  It did not happen in a timely manner either.  We were w/o our RV for 6 weeks.

Even when we traded it in not that long afterwards, they found the back wall was starting to ROT too. 😡

BTW:  It was a Sunnybrook by Winnebago.

We had a 2005  Sunnybrook, also had a rotted floor in the bedroom slide. It turns out that the outside facia on the slide out box was leaking. It leaked from the day we bought it and never knew till I found a huge ball of mold growing under the bed. I repaired it myself as the dealer had no clue. The design of the slide was faulty. If the trim facia was not properly caulked, water was channeled right into the slide floor. What I did was install flashing under the outside skin of the slide that extended over the bottom of the slide. This prevented water from entering the slide and was channeled out. From what I gather, Sunnybrook never did correct the problem and it appears that when they went under and were bought up by WB the problem was still present.

IMHO and 51 years of RV ownership, that happens all the time, across the board...cars, boats, trailers, 5'ers and coaches!  Brand name has nothing to do wit it !  A lemon, is a lemon!!!  

7 hours ago, Aufgeblassen said:

Certainly!  the slide-out  floor totally rotted out at close to a year after we got it. It had all kinds of other problems too, so the factory had it shipped all the way back to Indiana (from FL) for a complete go over & repair.  

It was a Sunnybrook by Winnebago.

It sounds to me that you are very lucky you bought a Winnebago. From what you say, they stood behind their product and went out of their way to fix it for you, at their cost. Although at some inconvenience to you. 

I can't tell you about how many posts I have read on other RV forums where folks who have bought other makes can't get warranties honored or get warranty service at all.  If you had bought a different make, you may have been SOL. 

Over the years I have bought Winnebago products, have had issues with Winnebago products, but have never had as issue getting Winnebago to stand behind their products.