roadseyeview

Michelin vs Michelin

I'm buying new tires through FMCA (305/70/R22.5). My local participating Michelin dealer is recommending Michelin XIZ. My current XRV's are not showing up in their inventory. The X Incity Z is. Maybe the XIZ is replacing the XRV? This XIZ sounds like a good tire: quiet, smooth riding, and rotatable. Just curious if anybody has any experience with these tires.

3 hours ago, roadseyeview said:

jleamont, yes I have.

This is all Michelin has to offer in your size; I cannot imagine there would be any issue with this tire. There are not many manufactures with this size tire. Michelin, Toyo (TOYO Model M144) were the only two I could locate in a brief search. Continental, BF Goodrich, Firestone and Bridgestone didn't offer this size. 

image.thumb.png.0dfdb5e8fcdb30322e1c629b089cdaaf.png

roadseyeview.  How did you verify?  Do you have a LINK or is it just, so and so said so?  You can do as Joe did.

16 hours ago, roadseyeview said:

I'm buying new tires through FMCA (305/70/R22.5). My local participating Michelin dealer is recommending Michelin XIZ. My current XRV's are not showing up in their inventory. The X Incity Z is. Maybe the XIZ is replacing the XRV? This XIZ sounds like a good tire: quiet, smooth riding, and rotatable. Just curious if anybody has any experience with these tires.

Welcome to the forum. I am curious and looking at possibly upgrading. I can't find a XIZ on the Michelin web site. https://www.michelintruck.com/search/#/  The search feature returns nothing on the XIZ line. 

Where are you located? 

Bill

4 hours ago, manholt said:

roadseyeview.  How did you verify?  Do you have a LINK or is it just, so and so said so?  You can do as Joe did.

Authorized FMCA dealer, and FMCA directly when I registered for tire program.

2 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Welcome to the forum. I am curious and looking at possibly upgrading. I can't find a XIZ on the Michelin web site. https://www.michelintruck.com/search/#/  The search feature returns nothing on the XIZ line. 

Where are you located? 

Bill

Bill, somewhere on the Michelin site is an RV menu. The link you showed me is truck, and it didn't show my size there either.

Because most tires are "batch made" and the RV tires are a small market, there ARE times when they are out of them.

I would contact Michelin directly to verify status/schedule for delivery.

Michelin 866-866-6605

2 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Brett, have you ever heard of a XIZ tire for RV use?

Bill

Nope, but I would still suggest that the OP call Michelin Corp/U.S. HQ direct.

1 hour ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Brett, have you ever heard of a XIZ tire for RV use?

Bill

Looks like they have a XLZ, maybe that's what he meant.

JIm

I posted this previously. 

“ I went to my local dealer which is not in the FMCA Advantage program. The dealer suggested that I use the new Michelin tire, 275/70R22.5 load range J tread X MULTIZ. He checked Michelin warehouse and stated they have many in stock. He gave me a price of $650 w/tax+$35 install with new stems. I tried the FMCA system for the size and this new tire isn’t listed. The email says to call Michelin Customer Service which I did. They confirmed that the warehouse had a great number if this tire. I asked price, but they couldn’t give it to me. I had to call FMCA. So I did and they said to call Michelin, but they gave me a different number 888-532/6435. So I called that number. Michelin wanted the item code which I didn’t have, but they looked it up based on the description above. The item code is 31513. Also, yes the warehouse has a lot of them. They gave me a price of $517.05+$32.51 fet. I would probably need to add 7% for Indiana sales tax of $36.19 to match my dealer. The tire would then be $585.75. If I add $35 for install and new stems, which is a guess, the total would be $620.75.  Or about $64.24 less than my local dealer. For six tires I would save $385.50. I would like to support my local dealer, for that amount I can drive to Indianapolis to an Advantage dealer. “

Would this be the tire that Michelin is now recommend for motor home use? 

I just did a search for the XRV tire 305/70R22.5 on the Michelin site and found it with no problem. Also seeing it for sale on lots of tires dealer's sites. Not sure why your local dealer can't obtain the tires. Almost sounds like they're trying to steer you towards what they have in stock vs the tire you asked for.

1 hour ago, richard5933 said:

I just did a search for the XRV tire 305/70R22.5 on the Michelin site and found it with no problem.

Well that's good but the dealer is trying to sell the  OP a 305/70R22.5 XIZ or X Incity Z. Having adds is not as good as having current date code tires on the floor for installation.😁

Bill

41 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Well that's good but the dealer is trying to sell the  OP a 305/70R22.5 XIZ or X Incity Z. Having adds is not as good as having current date code tires on the floor for installation.😁

I think that we are agreeing Bill, the dealer is just trying to unload his old stock. I did not check the load rating and # of plies of an XRV,  but I would bet they are 16 ply which will ride much better than a 20 ply.:wub:

We're currently riding on L rated tires. We inflated according to the manufacturer's chart to 90psi, and the ride is actually quite nice. Better than on our previous coach which had H rated 11R22.5 tires. Those had to run at higher pressure (110psi) to carry the load. What I learned is that rating alone (H vs L) isn't what determines ride quality. Of course, I'm sure it's different with every tire and every brand, which is why it is great to find someone with the same setup to give a first-hand review.

7 hours ago, roadseyeview said:

That's where I started originally. The dealer found them but said they were unavailable. He found the X incity Z (XIZ), tho. Not on the Michelin site but in the Book.

After doing some more research I can't recommend them. One of the main reasons is they are only a 65 mph rated tire. Look at the link Kay posted. 

Just to make shure you know how to read the date codes so you get tires less than 3 months old, right?

Bill

I must be missing some part of my mind, I thought they where all 65 mph rated.  If there is one rated higher and for coach use, I would like to know about it.  I'm due in 2020!

Many of these tires are rated to 75 mph. Not that I'm going to drive our coach at 75 on purpose, but I do like to have tires that have a bit of extra capacity so that I'm not running at the upper rated speed. I believe that the XRV is rated to 75.