roadseyeview

Michelin vs Michelin

21 hours ago, roadseyeview said:

That's where I started originally. The dealer found them but said they were unavailable. He found the X incity Z (XIZ), tho. Not on the Michelin site but in the Book.

Now that we have hashed out that the XIZ is not the best tire for your RV (what is it buy the way, curious) and the dealer can't get XRV. I would do as Brett suggested. Contact Michelin directly to verify status/schedule for delivery. Michelin 866-866-6605. 

Let us know what you find out.

Bill

16 hours ago, richard5933 said:

I just did a search for the XRV tire 305/70R22.5 on the Michelin site and found it with no problem. Also seeing it for sale on lots of tires dealer's sites. Not sure why your local dealer can't obtain the tires. Almost sounds like they're trying to steer you towards what they have in stock vs the tire you asked for.

Correct, Richard, I think they have none of these tires in THEIR system so he's leading me towards another tire which I think is not the correct tire for me. Michelin found 27 XRV's in Reno, NV., and very few around the country. On further investigation with Michelin, the XIZ is a 24 ply truck tire rated for ice, snow, rain. Not what I'm looking for.

29 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Now that we have hashed out that the XIZ is not the best tire for your RV (what is it buy the way, curious) and the dealer can't get XRV. I would do as Brett suggested. Contact Michelin directly to verify status/schedule for delivery. Michelin 866-866-6605. 

Let us know what you find out.

Bill

Bill - I contacted them at the suggested number and the XIZ is not what I want (24 ply truck tire). The XRV is in small quantities right now. They have some in Nevada. I'll see what my dealer says about this.

7 hours ago, roadseyeview said:

Bill - I contacted them at the suggested number and the XIZ is not what I want (24 ply truck tire). The XRV is in small quantities right now. They have some in Nevada. I'll see what my dealer says about this.

Good. Make shure  they understand you don't want old tires. Find out the date code so you know how old they are. 

I would be looking for a different dealer but that's just me.

Road trip to Reno.😄

Bill

On a post here, probably about 3 years ago, I believe it was mentioned that Michelin did a tire run each March.