Sign in to follow this  
jimpat4649

Military Veterans Chapter

I want to share my email from Jerry Sweeney whose time and effort is greatly appreciated in forming this Chapter.

With additional thanks to his wife Sandy!

Thank you both.

GOOD NEWS -

All of necessary documents have been delivered (by the chapter secretary) to the FMCA Convention Office here in Albuquerque - so we will be a new chapter within the FMCA International Area.

Our Formation Meeting was held on Tuesday, 23 March at 3:00pm. Steve Czarsty chaired the meeting and I want to publicly thank him for doing such a OUTSTANDING job. The members voted on all of the things required by FMCA to form a chapter - we ended up with 153 Charter Members!!!!

The following members were elected to the positions indicated and will serve a two year term (2010-2012)

President - William (Bill) L Wheeler, F387557

Vice President - Richard B Auerbach, F375350

Secretary - Beverly King, F209622

Treasurer - Phil R Shippee, F389179

National Director - Rick N Dupuis, F397110

Alternate National Director - John Lee, F202724

Our first Business Meeting will be held during the 84th FMCA Convention in Redmond, Oregon (11-14 August). Hopefully many of you will attend.

I want to sincerely thank each of you for becoming a part of FMCA's newest chapter - please remember your current membership will expire on 31 December 2010 - so ensure you pay your dues prior to that date. Information where to send your dues will appear in the Chapter Newsletters.

Again "thanks for the memories" and travel safe.

/s/ JERRY L. SWEENEY

Wonderful to hear there is a Veteran's Chapter organized. Now, how do I go about joining this chapter? I was unable to attend Albuquerque rally and Oregon in August is also doubtful. However, when my wife (Joy) and I begin fulltiming (within 6 months hopefully) we will try to attend these regularly.

Jimmie Teet

FMCA 413237

SMSgt, USAF (Ret. Aug 1989)

Wonderful to hear there is a Veteran's Chapter organized. Now, how do I go about joining this chapter? I was unable to attend Albuquerque rally and Oregon in August is also doubtful. However, when my wife (Joy) and I begin fulltiming (within 6 months hopefully) we will try to attend these regularly.

Jimmie Teet

FMCA 413237

SMSgt, USAF (Ret. Aug 1989)

Jimmie,

The person to contact for information is Jerry Sweeney. You can contact him by phone at 703-232-7328 or by email at jerrylsweeney@gmail.com. If your looking for a little bit of additional information , you can find a couple of paragraphs on page 16 of the October 2009 issue of Family Motor Coaching magazine.

Christy Budai

Chapter Services Coordinator

cbudai@fmca.com