excal72

Toyo tire who's riding on them.

Replaced my two front 295/80R22.5 last year and plan on replacing my rear 6 later this year. Two Toyo's for the price of one Michelin's and they ride and steer very well. 

Herman 

I put a set on my Hurricane in July.  I’ve put a little over 2000 miles on them so far and all I can say is ~~~  Loved the price and have no complaints about the ride.  

Late to this topic but replacing my Michelin 275/80R22.5 xze I want to go with toyo but do I get the 265/75R22.5 or the 295/75R22.5 . This is for our 1997 winnebago luxor, any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks

The 295/75R22.5 is almost identical to your current tire dimensions. There is just a slight difference in width, if memory serves me right the 295 is slightly narrower. 

3 hours ago, jleamont said:

if memory serves me right the 295 is slightly narrower

295 is 20 mm wider than 275, about 3/4 inches, the second number is in percentage to width, so 75% of 295mm width versus 80% of 275mm which pretty much equals out in circumference and or diameter. Dual spacing will a little less and should taken into consideration.

We run both sizes side by side all the time at work they are that similar. What I do not know is your wheel offset. 3/4 of an inch wider could be an issue, but would require measuring first

54 minutes ago, LUXOR4US said:

Sticker states 255/80R22.5, think I'm gonna go with the toyo  265/75R22.5 ftw

Knowing that sure will help you keep from creeping up in size with each tire change. Wasn't much of a difference in the two sizes being discussed earlier, but there is a difference between those and what your coach started with.

SMC Safari coaches came with them standard equipment. Great tier for the money. That said be sure to check the speed rating L or better.  L=75 MPH  J=65 a no go   check production dates all tires no older than 6 months

You have to be careful when going bigger. My coach started with the 255 80 22.5 and now has 275 80 22.5 and I  am at the max I can run.

Bill

When checking for clearance around the tires, don't forget to figure what things will be like when the air is dumped and the coach is sitting on the bumpers. You don't want to find out that there is interference between tires and suspension/brakes after it's too late.

On some coaches you can do a visual inspection once the air is dumped. On others you can't really see much beyond the outside of the tires. If you've got a scope, you can use it to see how much clearance there is with your current setup once the air is dumped.

The scope I use for things like this is: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MYTHWK4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A scope like this is really handy for many types of inspections, not just for checking wheel clearance. I've used it to look behind appliances, inside wall cavities, etc.

I ditto that..used one in my house to find a water valve.  Other uses? had no clue to think about the coach!

Used mine to find a water leak in the outer wall of the coach, and to look inside the tranny to see why the neutral safety switches weren't working. Quite handy.