bosun

Light switches are reversed

On our 2017 Winnebago Vista 29VE, there are a couple of duel light switches that are reversed.  What I’m talking about are the entry wall switches for the outside light and the interior light and the hall way lights.  For the outside light you have to hit the furthest switch of the two, the closest switch lights up the forward coach area.  In the hall way, when you stand facing the duel switch, the left switch lights up the lights to your right  and the right one lights up the lights to the left.  

This is not a real big deal, just unnatural.  For me anyway.  My question is how do you remove the switches from the trim?  Prying? And once off, is it easy to swap the connections around?  I’ve scoured the net including YouTube and see nothing on how these switches work behind the wall.

Thanks for any insight.

Patrick

Don’t know about your model but on ours, the switches pop out after carefully prying them. The connections on the back were spade connectors.

26 minutes ago, campcop said:

Don’t know about your model but on ours, the switches pop out after carefully prying them. The connections on the back were spade connectors.

Thanks, I will try to pry them.  I’m at work on the river (River Towboat Captain) for another 2 weeks.  I will work on these switches then. 

Thanks again.

Patrick

15 minutes ago, jleamont said:

Patrick, post a photo of the switches in question.

I found this photo on the net.  

Thanks

Patrick. 

883FA7E8-3975-4382-853B-93D175EF9ED5.jpeg

I believe that outer cover un-snaps and exposes the plate that is screwed in. I would try it by hand first. Can you access the back it? Pull a drawer out etc?

I will try to pry it out.  I will not be able to get behind them as one is on an exterior wall the other has a shower behind it.  I’ve got plenty of time to think about this as I’m a couple weeks from getting back home from work.  

Thanks

Patrick