Sign in to follow this  
Moosem79

Verizon mifi benefit problems

Anyone having problems with Verizon honoring fmca benefit?  I followed instructions and link to Verizon webpage for my byod Samsung sch-lc11 mifi and opened the unlimited account. It would not accept Verizon's byod250 bonus or fmca benefit.  Spoke to Verizon for hours and got put on hold a lot. Verizon claims fmca benefit does not exist and link led me to prepaid account instead of needed postpaid.  Fmca has been good in responding to my initial email but I'm still without benefit.  Anyone can help it would be appreciated. 

PS sulphur springs Texas Verizon store also stated fmca benefit was not valid and a Sacramento California store had the same answer.

The FMCA plan will throttle at 22 GB then it slows down to 600KBS which is only good for things like EMail plus you are stuck in the contract even if you not satisfied with the service.  The Pre Paid NON-FMCA plan doesn't have that 22GB throttle and probably one of the best features is that the contract is month to month.  I used over 150 GB in 30 day period and still run two Netflix session at the same time without any problems.  The PrePay plan is 70.00 a month with a 5.00 discount for being paid my CC.  Also if not going to use it you can suspend the account and cost 10.00 to start it back up so not stuck paying for it when you not using it. 

I recently heard about the “Unlimited” mobile Hotspot plan from Verizon, offered as a benefit to Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA) members. I joined FMCA and then attempted to sign up for the plan, through the FMCA link. After filling out the required information on the FMCA site and clicking on the enter button, I checked (as instructed) for a link, with an access code, to appear in my email inbox. It never came.

A helpful lady at the FMCA membership department, directed me to a Verizon 800 “help” number which I called, but I couldn’t get past the automated phone tree without the code that I was missing. Back to FMCA where the nice lady interceded again.  Long story short: After an entire day, being transferred from one “support” person to another at Verizon and several attempts by the nice FMCA representative I was told that the account was almost set up and that I would get a confirmation call shortly. By the following morning, no such call had been received. I called FMCA once more and spoke to the same representative who had also been told the same thing. She offered to confirm things and call me back. She called back, a short time later and told me that in fact, Verizon did not come through and per Verizon,  I’d have to visit a Verizon store. The local Verizon store had earlier confirmed that they could not set up the account.

The FMCA representative, with sincere apologies, offered to refund my membership. I believe the FMCA is a fine organization and acted in good faith. As for Verizon, you may draw your own conclusions.

On 1/24/2019 at 5:06 PM, Moosem79 said:

Anyone having problems with Verizon honoring fmca benefit?  I followed instructions and link to Verizon webpage for my byod Samsung sch-lc11 mifi and opened the unlimited account. It would not accept Verizon's byod250 bonus or fmca benefit.  Spoke to Verizon for hours and got put on hold a lot. Verizon claims fmca benefit does not exist and link led me to prepaid account instead of needed postpaid.  Fmca has been good in responding to my initial email but I'm still without benefit.  Anyone can help it would be appreciated. 

PS sulphur springs Texas Verizon store also stated fmca benefit was not valid and a Sacramento California store had the same answer.

If you are still having problems let me know and I will tell you who to get in touch with because it is a little tricky to sign up.

glenda.  Welcome to your Forum! Did you notice this post is 14 months old? :P

I have had the Verizon FMCA Jet Pack for about 2 years.  That said, there are a few problems.  You can't use it out side the Lower 48! I got nailed for $1,000 in 2 day's, in Canada last Summer!  Also, If you have it, keep it...pre-paid has been discontinued by Verizon for new customers, I'm grandfathered.  Over 26 GB, your throttled way back and they take my $ the 28th of each month then I got to wait until the 4th of following month to use it.  We have an other account for 300 GB that is good anywhere in the World, it's post paid and expensive.