kaypsmith

Air bag leak

After replacing 6 air bags a while back, when I fired up the coach and to my disappointment still had an air leak. Attached is a picture of the culprit. I posted this as a reminder to check all fittings while replacing these guys, it is much easier while the bags are still off than after the replacement of the bags have been made.

airbag_fitting.jpg

I also have an air leak in my front suspension.  It takes a day or two for it to dump all the way down.  The rear does not go down like the front.  IT also builds air within minutes of starting the coach, and never drops so I suspect it is a very slow leak.  I have not started to look for it, but I know I should.

Brian - Before you even think about looking for the leak, please read and learn about how to properly block your coach for safety. The leveling jacks are not safe to use to support the coach while you're under it, and there are specific points that need to be supported which are make/model dependent. Newmar should be able to provide the needed information.

When you are looking for the leaks, have a spray bottle with soapy water and take your time. Be sure to check all fittings, as well as the leveling valves/height adjustment valves themselves. If you don't find any air leaking externally to the fittings/hardware, then you might have a failed or dirty check valve.

Brian I also have a slow air leak, it causes the rear to lose air even though it is a valve right behind my genset. I just have to find time to block up the frame, bleed off all air via manual tank drains, and remove the offending valve so it can be rebuilt or replaced.

I realized what causes my front to drop; when I enter/exit the MH while in storage, the leveling valve attempts to maintain a level condition by trying to add air to the heavy side, which of course it cannot do when turned off. This just bleeds air out of the system and both sides drop as a result.