lbmurphy4

2007 Tiffin Phaeton electrical issue

Recently replaced house batteries and now driver side slides won't open [passenger side slides open fine], windshield wipers won't work, no ac blower, electric mirrors won't work, parking brake light and alarm won't turn off when in drive. All lights work inside but I'm stumped.  I've checked all fuses and their fine. What else can I check ? 

First thing I would do is shut ff the battery disconnects . . . Wait a minute then turn back on.

Did a wire drop down in the compartment that did not get reconnected???

5 hours ago, lbmurphy4 said:

windshield wipers won't work, no ac blower, electric mirrors won't work, parking brake light and alarm won't turn off when in drive.

Welcome to the forum.

These are all things I would associate with the chassis  batteries not house. What RV are we talking about? If you add your RV and outher info to your signature it helps to get better answers quicker.

Bill

1 minute ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Welcome to the forum.

These are all things I would associate with the chasey  batteries not house. What RV are we talking about? If you add your RV and outher info to your signature it helps to get better answers quicker.

Bill

It says right in his post . . . 2007 Tiffin Phaeton

Check the fuse panel that controls those items and make sure you have power on those circuits. That should be a simple check to make sure there is power across the fuse. 

5 minutes ago, lbmurphy4 said:

fuses were checked and they're all good....just not getting any power to them.

Keep working back with a meter till you find power.

Bill

4 minutes ago, lbmurphy4 said:

fuses were checked and they're all good....just not getting any power to them.

Any fuses in that box have power, or does that fuse box have power coming into it? Sounds like a power wire is either not connected or accidentally connected to a ground. 

Do you have a volt meter?

2 hours ago, lbmurphy4 said:

everything has power except wipers , ac,power morriors. diverside slides

So if I am understanding this correctly, the rest of the fuse box has power but a few fuses within the box do not? 

I have never heard of a Tiffin on a Roadmaster chassis!  Linda has the Freightliner chassis on her 2006 Phaeton 40 DP!

I just looked it up, 2006 and 2007 Phaeton, was/is a Freightliner chassis, 350 CAT, Allison 3000. :wacko:

4 hours ago, manholt said:

I have never heard of a Tiffin on a Roadmaster chassis!  Linda has the Freightliner chassis on her 2006 Phaeton 40 DP!

I just looked it up, 2006 and 2007 Phaeton, was/is a Freightliner chassis, 350 CAT, Allison 3000. :wacko:

Tiffin also has their "in house" chassis, POWERGLIDE.  Gary Jones, a well known DP chassis designer has his "handprints" all over it.  Gary also did the Alpine chassis called Peak.

https://tiffinmotorhomes.com/innovations/powerglide

Here is a brochure from 2008: https://www.rvtechlibrary.com/chassis/powerglide_overview.pdf

Brett, I had the Powerglide on my 2011 Allegro Bus...No, it did not ride like a Alpine!  The chassis is built by a family engineering shop in WA.  I spoke with them in 2011 and Powerglide is a combination of Liberty, Freightliner and Spartan chassis.  

Gillig, Peak, Dyna and Roadmaster chassis, was IMHO the top of the line, back then and now! 

Look on the start battery/batteries and see if you can follow a hot lead to the fuse box and check it for power!

Without a wiring diagram trouble shooting your problem is like looking for a needle in a hay stack.

Certain circuits in some fuse panels are only energized when you ignition switch is in the "ON" position. This is usually accomplished by any axillary relay that is energized. The auxiliary relay is used to carry a larger load than the ignition switch is capable of. The relays normally plug into a socket and are easily replaced.  Finding the location of the relay is normally the most difficult task, they maybe found on the fuse block and/or in the location of other chassis wiring components.

Hope this helps.

Jim

4 minutes ago, F433921 said:

Without a wiring diagram trouble shooting your problem is like looking for a needle in a hay stack.

Certain circuits in some fuse panels are only energized when you ignition switch is in the "ON" position. This is usually accomplished by any axillary relay that is energized. The auxiliary relay is used to carry a larger load than the ignition switch is capable of. The relays normally plug into a socket and are easily replaced.  Finding the location of the relay is normally the most difficult task, they maybe found on the fuse block and/or in the location of other chassis wiring components.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Yup, commonly called the IGNITION SOLENOID. It is energized by the ignition switch.

My only excuse is, I have a cold..:( Since it's all chassis related, that should have been my first thought.  On that year Phaeton, you do not need the engine to be running to work the slide out or Jacks, just turn key to ignition! 

Have you checked start batteries for voltage and what did you get?

Just like Manholt  said , check your Chassis Battery's first , then see if You forgot to turnYour Battery Switch back on right next to it in the same Compartment , all the Things You said

that don't work are only working true the Power from Chassis battery .The driverside slideout's are electric , the PS Slideout's are Hydraulic , Check you'r Battery switch & Chassis Battery's

First ,

Hope This helps  , OLD MARINE