hdflsts2002

Comments and opinions Girard GSWH2 tankless water heater

The wife and I are considering replacing our Atwood 6 Gallon tank wth a Girard Gen 3 tankless water heater.  Looking for comments and opinions rom those here who have or have had this unit.  The wife loves LONG hot showers and can drain the current tank in no time flat.  We do almost no boon docking and almost always have city water when we our out.  If it makes any difference we have an 02 holiday rambler vacationer 36'

Thanks in advance to any and all for your input.

hdflsts2002.  Welcome to the Forum! :)

I have never had one.  There will be others on line this evening or in morning.  The type and size of RV you have, does make a difference!

Carl C.

hdflsts2002 Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

We had a tankless in our last coach made by Precision Temp, it was the RV500 model which has now changed to the RV550. It was fantastic, I cannot say enough good about it. I called it the marriage saver 500 :lol:.

My wife warned me the day we picked up the coach at the dealership, the first cold shower the coach was gone. She loves long hot showers and the 6 gallon Atwood this replaced was only good for maybe 4 minutes of HOT water before it started to slide into warm water. We never camped with the 6 gallon, I was warned when we first bought the coach, so I tested it several times in the driveway and pulled it out when I realized it was'nt going to hold up to her standards. 

I actually installed their "Tiny House" tankless into our current coach along side of the Aquahot system which is only used for interior heat now, another story, it works flawlessly also. 

https://precisiontemp.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-4n33YOi4AIVhFqGCh2UaAIDEAAYAiAAEgLHIvD_BwE

Thankfully (not all girls) are like yours! 😍  My Lady. takes 5 minutes and a long shower for me, is 15! :wub:

16 hours ago, manholt said:

Thankfully (not all girls) are like yours! 😍  My Lady. takes 5 minutes and a long shower for me, is 15! :wub:

5 Minutes!!!!!!  **** what a lucky man you are.  With my sweetie, it's a case of if there is still hot water available (warm even) then I must not be clean.  Doesn't mater if it's at home or on the road they only way I'm getting hot water is to get in first, or to wait the recovery period which on a 40 gallon tank at home can take a while.  So if there is something I can do to give her a good supply of hot in the MH (and allow me to have some as well) then that's what I would like to do.  Happy wife, happy life.  :D

hdflsts2002, that one in ours allows for 4 people to take back to back showers, usually we almost fill the gray tank (85 gallon capacity) and NO one gets a cold shower, if its cold enough outside my roof vent looks like this :lol:

Image result for nuclear cooling tower steam

I have a gas tankless at home and have never run out of hot water. Like all water heaters it takes a moment for the hot water to reach the spigot but once it does there is all the hot water you want for as long as you want. Not so much in the coach. We both  shower in the morning but not back to back. I will shower first then about 20 minutes later the DW will shower and we both have enough hot water. We both reduce the flow between wetting down the lathering up and rinsing off, that helps. Partly a Navy Shower. 

I remember there was a set time that the hot water was on when aboard ship. If you weren't finished at that time your rinsed off with COLD water. You learned to shower fast.

If I were to install a tankless in the coach I would add several more batteries and another inverter just for the residential refrigerator and the tankless. But doing that might be too costly.

Herman

1 hour ago, hermanmullins said:

If I were to install a tankless in the coach I would add several more batteries and another inverter just for the residential refrigerator and the tankless. But doing that might be too costly.

Herman, they are 12 volt ignition and Propane, extremely Efficient, more than the traditional water heater in an RV.