manholt

Super Bowl

I don’t think us older folks are the commercial targets. 

The game was great if you like really good defense. I was not surprised about who won. Brady is the best whether the ball is full of air or not!😃

Paul

I think a couple of the commercials were funny but they sure did not inspire me to go buy a product.

I think the game was boring. Besides, NO should have been playing - but then I'm not a referee.

I watched maybe 30 minutes of the game and the only commercial I paid much attention to was the NFL one. I spent most of my time at the feed trough enjoying a great Tex-Mex buffet and margaritas plus spent some time out on the balcony overlooking Canyon Lake enjoying the sunshine and 74 degree temperature. 

The half time show was like all the shows the past few years, they are geared to a much younger age group. I understand the censors had to bleep out several words from one of the performers.  

1 minute ago, elkhartjim said:

I understand the censors had to bleep out several words from one of the performers.  

That was the best part SILENCE :lol:

We didn't get a chance to tune in until halftime.  Really enjoyed the show and the last half. 

Maybe that's because we missed the boring first half?

4 hours ago, DBenoit said:

That commercial for the new Toyota Supra was good. That car is hot!

But can you tow it 4 down?

Roland, are you still in the valley?

Bill

That game was not fancy, clean, or pretty, the down in the trenches defense could have won the game-for either team. I love watching defense work, and I got an excellent dose.My ideal of a great football game ends with a score of 3 -0, and this one was close to that. Both head coaches are outstanding, they executed what I call offensive defense; they didn't wait to react to the other teams offense, the defense proactively executed their defensive to prevent the offense from executing their plan- for many plays.

The only downside was the uninspiring commercials and lackluster half-time; and the 5 hours involved.

Bill, yes we are still at Texas Trails. Will be moving on to San Antonio and Hill Country in a couple of weeks. Still haven’t decided if we will go to Big Bend or back to the coast.

WOW, what a response!   Who Dat, would have made it a lot more interesting!  IMHO...Waste 5 hours of my precious life?  It better be darn interesting!

Canyon Lake, TX.  Now that's interesting!!!

I think Gladys Knight should have been MVP for her performance of the National Anthem and for her stance when she questioned her on why she agreed to perform

Sunday was the only time I have ever cheered for the Patriots because the Rams (and their referees) stole the game from the Who Dat Nation.  For those that like smash-mouth defensive struggles, the game was great.  For those that like Nintendo offense shows, not so great.   The "political correctness" overtones during all of Super Bowl Sunday resulted in the pre-game show, half-time show and commercials being mediocre.

I do that with 2 of my oldest grandsons that play football. Then they all jump in trying to get the football. Wicked funny.

Of course my kids (Parents) don't think so because someone always comes out of the pile crying.

Oh ya, I have 14 grandchildren. I have become an expert at teasing.

Gladys Knight is a class act, but I am always reminded when seeing or hearing of her an age old joke about her.

Gladys was to appear at a night club one night, when she appeared at the club there was only one entrance, the doorman asked to see her ticket, she replied, young man, I'm Gladys Knight, he gazed at her and replied, I'm glad it's night also, where is YOUR ticket!:rolleyes: