Here is my rant about RA from FMCA. I am a new member, joined the last week of  December '18.  I just got around to checking about RA from FMCA. After reading about the service I decided to take it for a year.  Our rig is getting older and we wanted to make sure we could get help if something went wrong.  So, I go to the FMCA RA link and input my information and get ready to pay and I get a pop up that says they cannot insure me because the period of coverage would be less than a year?  I mean come on, new member, first time member and they want me to flip for another membership year before I have experienced the first year?  Not kosher.  

I find this sales tactic divisive. It is also a "bait and switch" tactic.  Come on FMCA get your act together.

Edited by MarthaChuck
misspelling

Your membership and Roadside Assistance must match or membership exceed the RA term. I would sign up for the max term and get a free year Then you can get 3 years of RA. Should you decide that you want to cancel your FMCA membership, FMCA will return any whole unused years, but again if less than RA, the RA would be shortened. 

I received an email from FMCA this afternoon. They said to call the RA program direct and that would circumvent the problem I was having. I will call tomorrow and post up the results.  Ross my whole gripe was that I had no inkling of what to expect from FMCA when I joined. I would like to be a member a year and then evaluate whether I want to re-up rather than be forced to re-up just to get RA.  

On the flip side I have already received more value in the way of correspondence from FMCA than I ever did with other clubs. Thanks for the advice though, it seems sound. Maybe I will do that next December.

I hope this helps others that find themselves up against not being able to purchase a  "one year" RA policy two weeks after joining FMCA.  I was given this phone number to call and get our policy in force   877-581-8581.  I called and signed up in less than five minutes, no extra year membership into FMCA required. Have your VIN# ready when you call.  

Overall it wasn't the big deal I thought it was. And, that's a good thing.

14 minutes ago, MarthaChuck said:

I hope this helps others that find themselves up against not being able to purchase a  "one year" RA policy two weeks after joining FMCA.  I was given this phone number to call and get our policy in force   877-581-8581.  I called and signed up in less than five minutes, no extra year membership into FMCA required. Have your VIN# ready when you call.  

Overall it wasn't the big deal I thought it was. And, that's a good thing.

So did you get a full year or just to the end of your membership? If you got just to the end of your membership, was it prorated?

On 2/6/2019 at 12:18 PM, MarthaChuck said:

.... Our rig is getting older and we wanted to make sure we could get help if something went wrong...

I think you will find coach age is not a factor when it comes to most of us having to use RA.  We've used it due to a blow out....not an age issue, and 10 days ago, when following the CG's directions, got stuck in some soft grassy muck, that required a tow from Good Sam.

FIVE.

What happened to you, is one of the  main reasons, why I want a Steerable or Liftable, tag on my next coach! :angry:

10 hours ago, srflorie said:

So did you get a full year or just to the end of your membership? If you got just to the end of your membership, was it prorated?

I got a full year starting from yesterday.  

19 hours ago, manholt said:

FIVE.

What happened to you, is one of the  main reasons, why I want a Steerable or Liftable, tag on my next coach! :angry:

I don't think that would have made any difference, Carl.  We weren't buried in muck, but the four dually wheels just sat there and spun...in "D" or "R."  I unhooked the CRV, pulled off the tow equipment, the tow operator inserted a draw bar and pulled me out backwards (with me idling in "R") until the drive wheels got back on the road.

On 2/8/2019 at 1:06 PM, FIVE said:

Steerable or Liftable

I am new as you can guess from my question. What is a Steerable or Liftable Tag

Sukki1942,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

With either a steerable or liftable tag, turning radius is reduced, and with a liftable tag, one can move a lot of weight from tag axle to drive axle to help with traction of the drive wheels.

With that said, we have moved a LONG WAY from the original topic.

Let me suggest to everyone further discussions on Tags be in a new thread.

Thanks.

Brett/moderator

Brett.

MY BAD !  Don't know how that keeps happening? :(   Brain farts I suppose! :)

Back on "FMCA Road Side Assist!" 

Thank you to those who provided the phone # to call direct. I'm getting weary of the GS price increases and " automatic upgrade" to a more costly service.