mikecollie

Lowering coach

My coach has the 3 point jacks and I cut off engine and turn to acc  to let the air out and yes all the air will leak out  eventually.It has not always made this noise.If I do not use the acc and leave the switch on my buzzer will go off once the air gets below 90 psi.

13 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Richard, I may be wrong but when dumping the Airbags it doesn't dump the tanks, just the Airbags. The pressure in my tanks stays full. 2002 Monaco Dynasty on a Roadmaster Chassis. 

Herman

Works the same for my Spartan chassis air system.

I really doubt it's the air system, but rather the steel  rear suspension components. Here is the Holland rear suspension,  it's clear how metal to metal contact may occur when dumping air pressure from the bag.

Update,I was able to determine the noise was coming from the front suspension where the eight bolts that connect the suspension to the coach body.After lubricating the bolts  several times everything is now smooth and quiet.Thanks to everyone for comments and suggestions I really appreciate the help.This was one of the main reasons I joined FMCA.   

13 hours ago, mikecollie said:

Update,I was able to determine the noise was coming from the front suspension where the eight bolts that connect the suspension to the coach body.After lubricating the bolts  several times everything is now smooth and quiet.Thanks to everyone for comments and suggestions I really appreciate the help.This was one of the main reasons I joined FMCA.   

Mike,

In most cases, bolts holding metal to metal (suspension to body) are torqued so that there is no movement-- so lubricating does not address the root cause of the noise.

Exactly what bolts (holding what to what) are they-- want to make sure you are safe to drive.

Wolfe10  thank you for your concern.I sprayed the bolts that go through the bushings that hold the suspension to the coach.I sprayed between the metal and the bushing with a silicone spray that said it would not harm rubber or plastic.I hope I am describing this correctly so you will know what and where I am talking about.The bushings looked good the best I could tell but just dry.

Sounds like the SWAY BAR  end link bushings.  There are 8 total bushings-- 4 on each side.  If worn, the sway bar does little to control sway.

Pretty easy to replace, and polyurethane bushings are far superior to rubber.

Thanks for the reply,yes that sounds correct for what I did.There were eight  bushings that went from front to back plus two more from side to side.I have not noticed any excess sway but i will check that again when I get a chance to road test.

Mike, can you snap a photo of the bolts in question and post it? A picture back far enough to see the suspension arm or component in question.

Front to back would not be sway bar end links-- they are vertical.

Likely trailing arm bushings, but as suggested, a picture will tell the story.

Please verify if you have the 4 inboard or 8 outboard Roadmaster suspension as they are very different.

10 minutes ago, wolfe10 said:

Likely trailing arm bushings, but as suggested, a picture will tell the story.

We are thinking the same thing. My RM8H doesn't utilize sway bars and I don't believe the RR8 doesn't either (from the factory anyway). The brochure calls out 8 outboard mounted air bags, which is a concern its actually a trailing arm bushing issue. on a good note those are available aftermarket should it need them.

11 minutes ago, mikecollie said:

I am not sure what you mean by 4 inboard or 8 outboard? My unit has 8 airbags and shocks ,I hope this helps.

Good, the brochure is accurate that I located. Can you photo the points you lubed? 

Here is a photo of an aftermarket sway bar on an RR8 chassis, does yours look like that?image.png.d05e0ae2f128815d45628b1d0574f165.png

No mine do not look like that.Mine are factory I am sure and I do not have any sway problems.I recently had it serviced  and it drove great.My mechanic checked every thing in the front and said it looked good.The only problem I was having was the noise when I let the air out to lower the coach and now that is gone.