kaypsmith

Impact tool

There was a device at Harbor Freight to hold a large tire. it was hydraulic and had rollers so you coud position the tire to remove and replace the tire. I plan on looking at both  since I would like to have a look at my brakes. Never done it on a 22.5 wheel. (Ray, my DW says the same thing but she appreciates it when I have saved mucho denaro.) I am 82 and have no intention of slowing down. 

Herman  

Having had various brands of battery operated tools only to have the battery made of unobtanium when it needed to be replaces. I have pretty much switched to DeWalt 20V. I've had good luck so far and don't have to buy a complete kit every time. Their chainsaw is awesome.

Herman, your 82 & your knees, are one step away from replacement.  Just like my 76' ers, are!  :rolleyes: Linda has the hydraulic tire rack...We got a 43 hp tractor, that needs new tires, come on down to the ranch, you can use the rack all you want...we even got all the tools you need.  "A mans got to know his limitations"! :lol:

I'm 74 and changed one last weekend, I have a tire roller, not hydraulic has 4 castors and is indented the shape of the tire, just place the t+r on the device and raise or the jacks under the bus till the tire rolls right into place.

What do you use to get the coach wheel of the ground?  Shoulder of the road, then what?  It's been my experience (pray it don't happen again), that a flat or blow out, happens at the most inconvenient places! :( 

4 hours ago, manholt said:

What do you use to get the coach wheel of the ground? 

Carl, I carry a jack that looks like a floor jack but it has a low profile air over hydraulic bottle jack built in that actually raises the coach, it does require that the air bags are at ride level to be able to get under the bus. I have also a regular size 20 ton bottle jack as well as a 20 ton air operated bottle jack. I also carry an eight gage 2' X 2' steel plate just in case of soft ground. I will call RA since I have RA coverage but I like being prepared.:wacko:

On 2/11/2019 at 10:11 PM, manholt said:

bigpapaporsche,

Would be nice to know what make, model, length and year coach you have?

I have update my Profile to indicate our MH Info, but for sake of simplicity I'll list here also. 

It is a 2017 PleasureWay XL Twin Bed Model, built on a 2016 MB Sprinter Chassis. We bought it this past Nov, it has 3000 mIles on the clock.