Sign in to follow this  
keigm

What is the best months to travel to Yellowstone?

Question

We are looking to take our 45’ MH to Yellowstone National Park in the Fall of 2020.  I know it is too large to park inside Yellowstone so we will be making reservations at Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone.  We haven’t made the reservations yet and there will be 2 other MH’s same size traveling with us.  I would like to learn from some of you who have made the trip and hear your recommendations.  Thank you in advance.

7 answers to this question

We have been to Yellowstone two times within the last four years, both times were between Labor Day and October 1st.  During our last trip we were there the last week of September and there three days of snow that delayed the park opening to noon to provide time to plow the roads.

We stayed at the Grizzly RV resort on out last trip and it was a great park, however we did miss the great enclosed pool and hot tub that the KOA park that we stayed at on the previous trip.

Jim

Last I was there, in June of 2012, it was a full blizzard for 3 days! :angry:  Never had snow in July/August...guess that's why it's crowded. :ph34r: 

Latter August and September are our favorite time-spans. Schools in session means smaller crowds, weather is agreeable, animals are out feeding in preparation for winter months, etc.