rfsod48

Brownsville area campgrounds

You are close enough to drive over and look before you move. The only one I looked at was Isla Blanca Park across the causeway on South Padre. It wasn't as nice as where you are now. If you drive over stop at Dirty Al's at Pelican Station for some Cajun seafood.It is just before you cross the bridge.

Bill

Roland.

II don't remember the name, but its a big Golf community, just before Brownsville that has a RV Resort in the middle.  3 Golf courses!  Think it's called Rancho Viejo.

Went to SPI today, not real impressed. Guess it would be better if I was younger and hotel inclined. I think when we leave Pharr we will head to San Antonio and Hill country and then maybe back to Rockport on way home. I want to get home in early April. I am unable to find post on campgrounds around Hill Country, any suggestions would be welcome, also San Antonio area.

Roland, San Antonio is a large, sprawling, in area, city!  When ever we want to spend 3 or more days there, we go by car & stay in a Hotel, by the River Walk!  Wayne stay's in Military Fam Camps in his coach!

If you want to go to Bandera, Kerrville, Fredericksburg, Johnson City, Marble Falls, Burnet or Lampasses...I can help you!  Just need to know, what you want.  Did you check out Rancho Viejo?

Carl, looked up Rancho Viejo and found that it is a resort with hotel and condo’s, no mention of RV facilities and couldn’t find it on RV Parky. We are going back to SPI on Friday for a quilt show for my wife, I will try to look further then. We were thinking of a short 2-3 day visit to San Antonio on our way home and also Kerrville area.

Kerrville, Try TTT RV Park or Buckhorn RV Resort (it's the best)!  Miller Creek in Johnson City is also a good one (that's where you'll find Elkheart Jim)!

Carl is correct on Buck Horn and Miller Creek. Miller Creek has a fair share of Snow Birds so you might want to call ahead to see if they have a spot.

Miller Creek RV Park---- 830-868-2655

Buckhorn Lake Resort----830-895-0007

Herman

Braunig Lake for 3 days is very doable, and more so if you get into the back area. May still be a Passport America RV Park.

Admiralty, Travlers, Blazing Star, are all in the SA area.

Alamo KOA Resort, as close as I can think off to Downtown & River Walk!  Linda used it before she met me, say's it's easy in/out and a great park!

2 hours ago, manholt said:

Alamo KOA Resort, as close as I can think off to Downtown & River Walk!  Linda used it before she met me, say's it's easy in/out and a great park!

YUP, nice place! If you leave from there and decide to take public transportation to the River Walk, call a cab. We took the bus and it routes into a bad part of town, we took a cab home and it was well worth the extra $25.00.

17 minutes ago, manholt said:

Skyline Ranch in Bandera

Nice recommendation! Photos and pricing were very attractive, up in these parts that would be $90.00 per night! 

Yes, Skyline Ranch in Bandera is a good place. Stop out on 16 in Madina at the Apple store. No it isn't a electronics store. http://lovecreekorchards.com/

In Fredericksburg I have stayed at  Fredericksburg RV Park and Oakwood RV Resort.

Absolute must see is the National Museum of the Pacific War. 

Great place for lunch Woerner Warehouse Cafe. 

Bill

Woerner Cafe, is the only place left that we have found, that's not Kalifornia fru, fru food.  They used to have a large October Fest, now it's the October Wine Festival. :wacko: If your into California Wine, you'll find most of the Napa Valley Winyards represented, their building multi million dollar plants, between Fredericksburg and Johnson City!  Property prices are thru the roof.  5 years ago, a 10 acre tract, cost $12,000 an acre...now, expect to pay $50,000+++ and that's on any size acreage up to 320, if you can find it. 

A friend from that area, started a swimming pool company in Houston and moved it to the family ranch, 3 years ago...he called me last week, no he is not selling, told me a Realtor from California came to him and said, there  was a Winery, that wanted his 400 acres.  They offered $50 million!   He said NO, NOT FOR SALE...they came back with a $75 million offer.