johncohn

Route to Redmond

We'll be heading to Redmond from Phoenix and i wondered about the best route. Looks like we head up Interstate 5 through California and then the last 200 miles or so on US 97 from Yreka, california to redmond. Anybody have experience with US 97?

We will have a 45' coach and a toad.

thanks in advance!

John Cohn

John,

Do you want interstate highways or scenic? Take a look at the route on the East side of the Sierra Nevada and Cascade range. Hwy 395 or 95 to Reno & Susanville then 395 to 97 or 139 to 31 to 97. More hills, mostly 2 lane, remote but darn pretty! Perfectly do-able in your rig. You will see fewer cars in 3 days than you will in 10 minutes going through LA.

Either way, enjoy and see you there.

Bob Swor

Chico, N. California!

Guest BillAdams

97 is an easy drive and certainly the right choice if you are coming up I-5. You will drive right by Crater Lake. Be sure to plan a day to 2 to visit is beautiful and unique place.

We are headed to Crater Lake & Sisters from central CA this summer in our 38 ft Safari Simba towing a Ford Edge. We are looking forward to the drive up Hwy 97 out of Weed through central Oregon. After Sisters we plan to work our way west to Salem, & then the Tillamook area. We will be then traveling south along the coast on 101 on our way back home. The last two years we have gone up on US 101 & enjoyed that very much. There are so many small towns to see and enjoy. This year it's time to see the other side of the mountain! Does anyone have any favorite RV parks in these areas? I understand that wherever we stay we will have to drive a bit to get to Crater Lake NP.

Thanks!