dcknight

Windshield Wipers

I need a passengers side windshield Wiper arm, Pivot Shaft and rubber grommet for a 2005 Monaco Windsor.  They were made by wiper technologies with Dyna Wexco part numbers of, Arm 201566 and Pivot Shaft 300798.  The parts are no longer available from the manufacturer.  Anyone have any experience or suggestions. Thanks

Pivott_Shaft.jpg

Wiper_Arm.jpg

Wiper_Arm_WithTape.jpg

I replaced the entire wiper system on my 2007 Dynasty after i bought an arm from Monaco. Then they did not have the shaft. Paid half as much for the arm as the whole system. I will check tomorrow for the company that custom made the new wiper assembly.

Ivy,

Might I suggest locating an RV Salvage yard. There your should be able to find most anything you need for your wipers. As Carl will tell you when ever I am anywhere  near Carthage, MO. I will check out Colaws RV Salvage (Exit 22 on I-44) for any thing I need. I have saved several thousand of dollars by going there.

Herman 

Wildbill308, the splines look very worn from slipping in the arm assembly. Usually happens when lock nut becomes loose.

10 hours ago, f442485 said:

Wildbill308, the splines look very worn from slipping in the arm assembly. Usually happens when lock nut becomes loose.

So, you have seen the inside of the wipe arm? 

Bill

I think if it was mine, i'd reinstall the arm to the proper clocked position, index it, remove everything, reinstall the arm and tighten the nut onto the pivot in a bench vise, drill a small hole through the arm and pivot, break it all down, reinstall the entire unit, put it back together and drive a roll pin into it. Everything is already worn, no loss at this point. 

Cost you some time and a few cents for a roll pin. 

I like that idea. I am wondering if you cleaned the arm mounting hole with a wire bottle brush and some acetone. Clean  the shaft at the same time. Then assemble it with some loctite red making shure the arm is clocked the right direction. Also make shure it is torqued to the hi side of the speck.  If this doesn't hold I would go to the roll pin. 

Bill

3 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I like that idea. I am wondering if you cleaned the arm mounting hole with a wire bottle brush and some acetone. Clean  the shaft at the same time. Then assemble it with some loctite red making shure the arm is clocked the right direction. Also make shure it is torqued to the hi side of the speck.  If this doesn't hold I would go to the roll pin. 

Bill

Roll pin?  You making biscuits or pie crust? The devil made me say it now back to the topic.

Like others have said, the motor shaft looks good so it must be the splines in the arm are bad.

3 hours ago, elkhartjim said:

Roll pin?  You making biscuits or pie crust?

Yes roll pin not rolling pin. :o

3 hours ago, elkhartjim said:

Like others have said, the motor shaft looks good so it must be the splines in the arm are bad.

Yes but are they? These are not finley machined parts just crudely stamped spline like markings to improve the grip. I have seen several of these type connections that just came loose and slipped. I bet if cleaned and prepped as I posted earlier it would hold. If not move on to the roll pin fix. or spend the money on a new arm.

Bill

If you do decide to replace the pivot shaft, have you contacted the manufacturer or supply house to see if that part number has been superseded by a new part? Often times they use specific numbers for each RV manufacturer, but the underlying part can be replaced by a part with a more generic number.

https://www.wiperparts.com/