JMarske

Dash Air

9 minutes ago, JMarske said:

Our dash air only blowes not air. The AC light won't come on at all. We've look for a fuse and can't find one. Any help would be appreciated.

Need you to post the Make, Model, Year and class of the Coach to narrow things down.

Rich. 

All my chassis fuses are located on driver side, 1st bay, that has generator slide out control.  We are both Fleetwood.

My '08 was like that, blowing hot air. Eventually Freightliner ran some dye through it and it had tow fitting leaks. Replaced fittings and ran great after that.

Mine is a 10kw.  Since I'm all electric, then with roof air on, it's about, .6 gal an hour while driving.  We're on generator about 7 hrs. a day!  That's in the hottest part of the country in Summer and I also run dash air, so, I guess- to- mate, a gal. an hour, or 45 miles that I loss a day.  We will be putting about 8,000+/- miles on coach this Summer, in about 120 days...I'll experiment and let you know! :)  Interesting question, a lot of variables...

I also have the 10kw. Estimated around .6 or so per hour. MPG is not really something I'm worried about. I get between 7.2 and 7.9 or 8.2 depending on hilly terrain.

Funny thing, the 340hp got the same as my newer-to-me 450Hp.

When we are in the really hot time of the year, we cool with the dash air. We then put up our curtain that goes behind the drivers and passengers seat. Then we turn on the generator and the front A/C and close all but the front vent. That keep us reasonably comfortable, well as comfortable as you you can get driving a fish bowl west in 100% + weather. (I figure it is about 1 gallon per hour running both A/Cs)

Herman 

Check the manual to see what it means if the light doesn't work. Could indicate no power to the circuit, or it could be like ours and indicate a problem with the refrigerant side. If it's electrical then you can just work through the circuit from breaker/fuse to compressor connections.

This is one of those times that I am glad to have the chassis we have. Our OTR a/c will turn the entire interior into a meat locker if run on full. With over 25 lbs of refrigerant it's a beast of a system.

Your right Richard.  Been in Grayhound, Continental, MANN Tour Buses & Prevost.  Turn on the OTR and you can hang meat, anywhere.  Don't grab a window seat...:blink:☃️