mailman

Direct TV and SD or HD

It has been on  the internet concerning Directv no longer in the future not to host SD.

This would mean maybe we  all should keep in mine to get ready for HD only for our  camping needs,with Direct TV.

So, if we have a SD setup Directv on the roof of the motor home, how much trouble to convert to a HD system.?

Would everything have to be replace? For instance ,HD TV, a receiver Box, and a new Sat dish.

Will One have to modify the roof to hold all the weight of a bigger Sat Dish?

Has any one with a trailer , motor home  try to update their  system.

Tim the Mailman

Class C Winnebago Itasca Cambria  2014   32 ft long 3 slides

Mailman,  I took off a Winegard dome and put a Winegard Dish Traveler 1000. No weight difference to speak of and the installation was very simple. This was one time I followed instructions and had no hiccups. I do have 2 TVs and they are both HD.

Herman 

I had the DISH & replaced the head only with the Direct TVHD...motor is the one that came with DISH...$1,800 for everything.  Sold the DISH, receivers to the installer for $600 & wrote a check for $1,200.  The installer does all makes for RV and he'll be in Perry, Minot & Six State Shreveport Rally!  Have his card, but not handy...Herman should have it also!

It all depends on how long the Satellite will remain in orbit & transmit.  :blink: 

This is a update to my original post.

This applies to Directv only.

I just got off the phone call with a REP with Winegard Corp Office in Iowa .

If you have a SD receiver Directv , they are being replaced by only HD receivers  .

They are  phasing out SD in the future.

If you are concern about this the Trav'ler Winegard  for Directv  can received both SD and HD,

This was my understanding of the topic.

Tim the Mailman