Sign in to follow this  
radke701fc

All electric insurance discounts?

Hi Guys, We are looking  at Newmar Pusher coaches, mostly Ventana's, hoping to find a used unit hopefully this year. While talking to different sales guys, some have mentioned that if you go all electric and eliminate the propene you will get a break on your insurance coverage. This is really appealing to us as far as the additional safety in cutting down on the fire hazards involved with propane. It had also made our search more dedicated looking for all electric coaches.  So I called our insurance agent to find out just how much it helps with the premium. She claims that it makes no difference at all and has not heard of this.

So now I ask, has anyone heard of this? Are these guys just BS'n me? Who provides the best coverage. We have Nationwide now. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

We have had Farmers for almost 50 years and my agent has never heard of a discount for all electric coach's. In fact, he said it might be a little more expensive because of the cost to repair/replace appliances (if you have that kind of coverage), we do.

radke.

I'm with State Farm currently, $2,200 a year, full electric coach...the older it gets, the lower the premiums.  That's on same size & type coach.  Don't matter if it's a gas or diesel, all electric or combo, Prevost or Roadtrek!  

I shop for lower cost, every 3 years and my agent knows, sometimes he/she gets me a better rate and I stay.  Other times, not.  IMHO, Insurance agents are like stock's, trade them out...they'r not your special friend.

10 minutes ago, radke701fc said:

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Welcome  to the forum. Yes unfortunately sales people will say anything if they think it will make the sale.