mandalay3

Mandalay

12 hours ago, mandalay3 said:

Does anyone have experience with installing a Splendide washer combo through the front door of a Mandalay 2004 40B

First welcome to the forum. I haven't but the mechanics should be similar to when I installed my new residential refrigerator. Measure your door opening. Most RVs are 24" find the measurements on the Splendy. You may be able to take the door on the washer off to make it fit. Let me know what you find.

Bill

Yes, welcome!

Splendide combo is 24" wide.  My coach door opening is 30", If I removed my door, it would be 32 1/2 inch!  I'm guessing yours is like mine! 

I fully understood that, Bill.  In my case, because of the 30" opening, I can bring it in/out with no modification!  You made the blanket statement, "most RV doors are 24 inches in width"! :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Well I have measured a fair sample and feel comfortable with that statement

So far I've only seen one that was wider than 24", it was factory ordered handicap equipped. Not saying that there are not others, only I have not came across any others yet. Well there is an RV show this weekend here, I'll take my ruler just in case.:wub:

21 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I was talking about removing the door on the splendy not the coach

I don't think that would help any, the controls are mounted above it and stick out just as far. I have to measure my door (curious now) but my Splendid went right through the opening at a relatively high rate of speed as it bounced off of my drive way just as it passed by :ph34r:. Those are heavier than they look!

Kay.  My door (all American Coach's) is air operated...You must be stopped, in Neutral, with Air break on, to open...30" opening...same with Newell & Prevost.  Brett may know about Alpine & Foretravel.  Yours being an MCI, I would think it was wider than 24"! 

I don't have a clue as to how wide my door is but I do know my body can fit through it, barely. (Not BARE, barely)

I have been thinking of getting a new recliner so I guess I'll have to measure. Most likely it is the 24" type.

Wayne, don't scare the children. 

Now this is for the OP. I don't know what model of Splendy you are talking about but here is a link to the installation instructions including the dimensions. Several I looked at were only 221/2 deep so unless you have a narrow door it should fit fairly easy. 

http://www.splendide.com/service/docs.html

When I installed my refrigerator I took the passenger seat out to make it easier. Something to look at. Not the base just the seat.

Bill

3 hours ago, manholt said:

Kay.  My door (all American Coach's) is air operated...

Yes Carl, mine is also air operated, but  have an override which unlocks the door and will allow me to operate the door manually. I measured the opening and the widest place is at the bottom, 28.5 inches and this dwindles to 23 at the top, and because of the way the opening is designed the maximum bulk opening is still 24". Although my windows have a maximum height of 32" and width of 54", I am able to load and unload bulky items through any one of those. To utilize the window opening, I have scaffolding that lines up with the bottom of that opening. I simply put the object on the scaffold and slide that item right into the coach, I'm pretty sure that a Mandalay will not have that convenience. Here is the newest model Splendide spec sheet that I could find, it indicates that front to back dimension is less than 23" which should fit fine through a 24" door. http://www.splendide.com/WD2100XC_DataSheet.pdf

Wayne,

What I could not find was the weight. I had to move mine out to work on it and then put it back in. That son of a gun is heavy and I mean heavy. It would take two strong men to take it out of the coach and put it back in. I just had to pull it out on the floor not out of the coach.

Herman

That's why Joe's took a one way trip! :o:lol:

I had the Combo in my WB Tour & Allegro Bus...they both took a one way trip...POS!  Took 2 to get them out.  Now I have the stacker and it's just fine!

26 minutes ago, manholt said:

That's why Joe's took a one way trip!

It was already broken, I just added to it. I carried it from its cubby in the back to the front and down the steps, once it began to clear the opening I tossed it! I wasn't going to step on my retractable step with all of that weight, between the washer and me back then was every bit of 500 lbs, Kwikee would have had a new record if it had survived! 

mandalay3, Herman is correct, they are heavy, I am guesstimating 180-225lbs. Once you know if fits make sure you have adequate help getting it into it's spot. 

I was able to maneuver on to a Furniture Dolly. I built it up to the height if the opening and was able to pull it out on the dolly. But the   son-of-gun was still HEAVY.:o:wacko:

Herman