rfsod48

Texas winter weather

On 3/20/2019 at 12:00 PM, DBenoit said:

Hmmmmm...Texas has a winter?

Yep! We have two weeks of weather. We have a day here and a day there and sometimes it totals two weeks. Just never consecutive.

Up until yesterday, no birds in yard...then at 4 pm, they are here again...first the purple martins, 7 of our 24 condos are occupied.  Blue bird, in one house out of 5, the hummers should be coming today along with the robins & red cardinals...Spring has sprung!  75 yesterday and same for next 10 days..cool mornings!  Perfect weather.  :wub:

We may have a "Blue Norther", between now & Fall...be 90/95 and humid, 20 minutes or less in the 40's!  Those are interesting. :P

We started our journey home to Michigan today. Passed thru the megapolis of Marble Falls, Burnet and Stephenville on our way to Coffee Creek RV park for the night. Tomorrow it is Shady Pines near Texarkana. We had a wonderful winter this year, it is with sad hearts we leave Texas. Depending on how things go with my wife’s health I hope we get the chance to return next year.

Thank you Carl!  Bill we are going to go 30 to 40 thru Memphis and Nashville, 65 north to Louisville then 71 to Cincinnati. Then 75 to Brookville Ohio to see my wife’s 95 year old mother and then 75 to 23 to home in Fenton Michigan. We plan to be home between the 4-6 of April. This has been our best extended trip, not going the extra 1000 miles to Arizona really made a difference. I whole heartedly can recommend Stella Mare in Galveston, Majestic Oaks and Southern Oaks near Aransas Pass and Rockport, Texas Trails in Pharr and Alsatian RV resort in Castroville.

10 hours ago, rfsod48 said:

Coffee Creek RV park for the night.

Roland, with a name like that does the camp store have a gourmet selection of coffee? Trying to connect the name with a purpose. 

I can hear my wife now "why do you want to go there"? They have a huge selection of gourmet coffee, well so does the grocery store :wacko::lol:

Sorry Joe but it is named for the creek that runs thru property. No real campstore but the campground has a 200+ acre pasture right next to it which has cattle, horses and a mule that come right up to the fence for a scratch. My little Jack Russel loves to watch them, she sits in the front window guarding the MH.

47 minutes ago, rfsod48 said:

My little Jack Russel loves to watch them, she sits in the front window guarding the MH

That is priceless! :wub:

Enjoy!

Roland, sorry that we never got together for a meet.  We live 16 miles from Stella Mare. We would have enjoyed showing you the sights.

When Renee Rash was there they had an area where they displayed Texas Items for sale. Haven't been there since she left and it was sold to the folk that also own Oak Creek RV Resort in Weatherford, Texas. Coffee Creek has always been a great place to hold a Rally. They have plenty of pull through sites and two meeting rooms with full kitchens. One large room with a front and rear porch and one smaller with a front porch.  

Herman

When it rains, the lower sites tend to puddle badly !  I was by the cattle fence last time and swam out. :rolleyes: Like Roland and Herman said & I'm looking forward to going back to both parks!    

Roland, You are leaving just as the weather is improving.

We are talking about going back to the Ford Museum on our way East this May.

Bill

The Ford Museum is a very interesting place, could fill up at least 2 days. Let me know if you do and we will see if we can meetup.

We are near Georgetown Ky.  tonight, horse country. Worth a 2-3 night stay to see the surrounding country side including the Burbon Trail. We are at Wispering Hills RV park, seems like a good place. Tomorrow we head to Brookville Ohio to see the mother in law for 2 days and then home to Michigan.

2 hours ago, rfsod48 said:

We are near Georgetown Ky.  tonight, horse country. Worth a 2-3 night stay to see the surrounding country side including the Burbon Trail. We are at Wispering Hills RV park, seems like a good place. Tomorrow we head to Brookville Ohio to see the mother in law for 2 days and then home to Michigan.

You should see Kentucky Horse Park as long as you are in Georgetown. It is part of the Smithsonian and is the home of some famous retired Kentucky Derby winners. They have a neet program where they bring several out and do a presentation about their careers and you can nearly touch the horses you are that close. Really interesting place. 

Bill

10 hours ago, manholt said:

Man  of War, Seattle Slew.

Yes like that, Don't remember the exact horses right now it was 4 years ago. But highly recommend it if you have any interest in horses. 

Bill