manholt

Motor Homes of Texas.

I have not written about a bad, greedy, dealer before and hope I never run across an other!  Linda & I went to Motorhomes of Texas today, we had an appointment to look at a coach, that we hoped would fit our life style, a used Newell 45'!  No fault of the dealer, that it's only for short people...if your over 5' 6", forget it.  You can't get in driver seat, I tried and my knees was above the steering wheel.  So we looked at other coaches and found a 2014 Mountain Air 45', by Newmar that we both liked....

Then the joke, I know what options I have in my coach and I just put on a new RV Armor roof...I know NADA Low/High wholesale value & the same for retail, as of January 2019.  The Owner came back with a $125,000 value for a coach without any options, refused to go inside my coach, cause he new better!  Then he upped the sales price of the unit we where buying by $20,000...said it had the wrong sticker on it.

I will not set foot in Motorhomes of Texas, ever again!

Newells are all custom built....the owner must have been a short guy.  I've been to the factory in Miami, OK.  They had a list of coaches being built on a board behind the receptionist.  I recognized about half of them....race car drivers.

Carl, I'm working on a Newell, right now. The owner is my height. The captains chair could be changed. Guess they didn't want a sale.

If you get over to Weatherford around the 7-9 of March, you can check out this one

2 minutes ago, Erniee said:

Carl, I'm working on a Newell, right now.

I saw those photos on Facebook, you got your work cut out for you :o

We looked at a 2006, with a CAT 625 & ZF 10 speed.  A 2005, with a Cummings ISL 500 & Allison 4000.  A 2003, with a DD 500 & Allison 4000. A 2012, with a Cummings 600 & Allison 4000!  All, have a wall between back of DChair & Slide out...neither Linda or I could fit & drive in them!  

I have seen several with the wall behind and beside the drivers chair and thought that looks nice. But I then thought that they would be very hard to get out of. You just confirmed my thought. If you are like me ,I swivel my chair to side to make getting up easier. 

Keep looking you'll find it. 

Herman 

Wayne.

The wall I'm talking about, is about 30" high by 36" long by 12" wide and it's between the slide wall & drivers seat...it's a permanent, fake, planter!  The same can be found on the new Foretravel's and the H3 Prevost !  As Linda said...STUPID, dysfunctional, BLING ! :ph34r::wacko:

We are now on Galveston Island at Stella Mare RV Park...plan is to clean & pack at my house, to put it up for Sale, by April.  Can't park the rig by the house for more than 3 days.  We leave for Perry March 9.

Unless we find something in Perry, we will do a re model of this coach! :)

Carl/ I thought Motorhomes of Texas was the gold standard? When shopping for a  motor vehicle of any type I have a friend that says to leave a possible trade out of the deal. Do not mention it or bring it with you. Get the best deal that you can on the upgrade and then bring the trade into the picture, but not right away. Wait a few days and then " I thought that I had my coach sold privately ,but the guy backed out (for whatever reason)." If he gives you the number you are happy with, you have a fair idea of what the upgrade is really costing you.

One other observation. A dealer cannot give a customer retail on a trade. They always want to have the escape of wholesaling a unit to a known professional buyer that will in turn try to retail it for a profit. The only time a dealer will give you something close to retail for your trade, is because he has an upgrade that has been setting around too long, for whatever reason. Too much money in it,  a slowdown in the economy,  made a mistake when he priced the upgrade, etc.

Byron, thanks, but I know all  off that.  We had no place to leave the coach, since we where on the road.  At $221,750 Retail, it's about $180-190,000 wholesale and I would be fine with that...$125,000 is ridiculous!  MOT was the Gold Standard, until it changed owner & the Motorhome Guru, made a "how to buy a used coach commercial there!" Last year...

Joe, that's the Stupid barrier! :angry: You can put fake ferns in it...GRRRR!

That is a stupid barrier. If it has not other purpose then supposing to be pleasing - yank it out.

That is like a coach with opposing couches and behind one couch is a pop-up TV.  You are not going to invite friends over to watch TV unless someone wants to see a plumbers crack.

Carl/ hope that I did not offend. Apparently there are a lot of people out there that do not understand the trade/buy process.

Sent a note to the sales manager that they are being discussed on this form 

and should train his sales staff better as  it is the sales managers fault