dbenoit

Grand kids want to go camping, all 14.

Yikes. They all want to go. BTW, we have 14 of them. The logistics of planning this is a nightmare.

DW and I have narrowed it down to weekends,  and you know we will hear, they got to go this and they got to go there, it was raining when we went, etc.

Anyone with a similar count of grand kids have to do this? This will be our 1st time.

1 family has 5, 1 has 3 and the other has 6, the last has none. Maybe 2 at a time?

If you think that might be fun, try being at our house on Thanksgiving when they are all there. Maybe some of you will understand that

sometimes I am looney tunes.

How many will your coach safely transport and how many will it comfortably sleep? That is the number I would begin with and make sure you have full hookups, the water will disappear quickly. 

I think 2 at a time is the best option. They don’t want the parents to go so they pretty much get what they

want. 

Not much sleeping room in the coach. When we upgraded we downgraded the sleeping arrangements.

Went from sleeps 8 to sleeps 5. 

DB, do they all live in your area?  I will assume this will be in Summer Time?  Take as many as you can & buy tents!  What are the ages?  What can't ride in coach, pack in car, then switch kids on return trip...carry lots of liquor! :lol:

Joe, knows all about Campgrounds with amusement parks, than anyone I know! :P

We started camping in 2008, kids were 6 and 8 back then. You quickly learn where to go to keep them entertained and what to do for good family fun. Pools, water parks, amusement parks, campgrounds with activities, good snacks and hand dipped ice cream was a must in those days. We called it Destination camping, didn’t have a toad back then either!

3 was the magic number for us.  When our kids were younger we used to head out for vacations that we called the "Roller Coaster Tours".  

Usually traveled for 3 weeks, took our 2 girls and a friend of theirs, headed for the closest Six Flag's park, many have campsites, bought a Six Flags season pass for all, a few days later moved on to the next state, next Six Flag park.  Repeated until time to head home. Usually hit 4 or 5 parks a trip.  Kids had a blast!

Got our monies worth out of the season passes too! 

As far as I can tell, some version of theme parks works for all kids. Especially in summer. Most have water park offerings as well which are always popular.

11 hours ago, manholt said:

...carry lots of liquor! :lol:

Standard equipment in our coach! The ages range from 6m to 16.....carry lots of liquor. The 2 smallest will have to wait. I think a schedule of where and who

is needed. But we always field camp at Hampton Beach so that would take care of most of them as they all have a blast

when only they come for the day........carry lots of liquor. Speaking of which, beautiful weather, beach and the boardwalk. Yikes, everyone wants to be inside the coach.....drives me crazy.

They love to push buttons and switches. .....carry lots of liquor.

Spend time in the coach? You need to drive farther from home. We get set up, awning out we all hop out and set up under the awning. Kids usually wonder off to check out what the campground has to offer or do activities. 

Wow! My MH is considerably different then yours.  Mine has drinks for 6, dinner for 4 and sleeps 2.

With that said, the extra tent is the way to go. Kids love sleeping in tents. Many campgrounds, especially KOA's have tenting areas.  Just get a big tent or two and let the kids have fun tenting.  Is there anything close like that?  Biggest problem is transportation to the campground.  DW could drive the TOAD with kids in it and a couple could be in the RV. Just make sure everyone has a seat belt.

Wayne, DP’s cater to a couple, not usually family oriented. Gas A’s tend to be designed for more people and C’s seem to sleep the most. I altered the interior of our DP for the kids just in case they wanted to bring friends and to have options on long trips so they could change their seating positions. 7 seat belts, seating for 11 if you spin the drivers seat around, sleeps 5 or 6 depending on if two can sleep in recliners or not. 

Our C slept 8, had seat belts for 10 and it was 10’ shorter than our DP.

We have the family outing at Tannehill state park in October (Halloween month), I have an add a room that attaches to one of the awnings, any stay overs brings their own air mattress and they stay in the add a room. A portable air conditioner is available for warm days/nights. They always have a blast.

52 minutes ago, wayne77590 said:

Did you miss my point Joe: "Drinks for 6, dinner for 4 and sleeps 2. 

Definition: no overnight sleepers.

YUP, I missed your point :lol:

39 minutes ago, wayne77590 said:

Did you miss my point Joe: "Drinks for 6, dinner for 4 and sleeps 2. 

Definition: no overnight sleepers.

Agree-- the perfect motorhome, boat, etc.

It took awhile but we finally figured it out for next year. I made arrangements at Jogi Bears in New Hampton, NH for all. That's a total of 22 all together.

I rented 4 cabins for them all in a row. Of course our site is at the other end of the campground. Only thing I can say is Mas Tequila!

4 minutes ago, DBenoit said:

It took awhile but we finally figured it out for next year. I made arrangements at Jogi Bears in New Hampton, NH for all. That's a total of 22 all together.

I rented 4 cabins for them all in a row. Of course our site is at the other end of the campground. Only thing I can say is Mas Tequila!

DB, You are loony tunes!

I need to find out how this campground is. I see mixed reviews. Maybe have to get 14 tracking devices to put on the grand kids AND the parents!

lol...if you want a little entertainment read the google reviews that are 1/5. Aye Carumba what have I done......

Jogi Bears Jellystoner Park in NH

We did a recon last weekend and stayed there. They changed the campground name to Adventure Bound.

They are trying to clean it up as from what I heard was a wild place. Overall a nice place right on the banks of

the Pemigewasset River. It was fairly empty. Management is very nice and helpful.

Grandkids should have a good time. I just open all the kiddie stuff is open by July.

Only 3 days to go. Yikes. I'll need a straight jacket. I just got all of us tickets for Clark's Trading Post, that

will keep the kiddies busy for a day.