wildebill308

Ford Introduces New F-53 V8 Engine, Transmission

Should be very interesting, more hp and torque than v10. Might be a good upgrade for me if we continue with RV.

This year with going a shorter distance has been easier on my wife. 

No mention of MPG...they said "a step up in performance and fuel economy."  I wouldn't hold my breath.

Well as we all know mileage is more of a component of weight and wind resistance and driving conditions. (why am I always driving uphill into the wind?)  It would be hard to get accurate guestaments till someone builds something to test. :D

Bill 

I would guess that with a 10 speed auto tranny your mpg would be better than a 5 or 6 !  How much, depends on individual habits & what Bill  said. :o:rolleyes: 

It sounds like Ford has placed a large long-term bet on this engine. It is designed to fit into any vehicle with adequate space. It can be placed into a Mustang, full-size trucks and vans all they way to include the Ford F750.

Push rod, wonder how hard it is to change out the bearing, when it wears down?  Hope you don't throw a link on the chain!  IMHO, true 1 ton & up, I want a million mile diesel.

38 minutes ago, manholt said:

Push rod, wonder how hard it is to change out the bearing, when it wears down?  Hope you don't throw a link on the chain!  IMHO, true 1 ton & up, I want a million mile diesel.

No such thing now a days as a million mile diesel. The base engine is capable but the emissions system cost 2x the price of the engine it it will not last that long!

I am good with a pushrod engine, especially with roller lifters and roller rockers. Ran many high HP engines over the years with that set up and never had an issue. Anyone else notice the size of that exhaust valve :o. Looks like a monster from the factory!